Customer Service 866.965.0400

Difference between paste wax and liquid wax

BrandonL

Question

I've been seeing a few threads about the paste wax that Adam's is coming out with and everyone seems to be very excited about it. What is the difference between a paste wax and a liquid wax like the Buttery Wax? Just curious, thanks everyone :D

I have a hard time picturing how one would apply a paste wax with a machine, but Im no pro...so if its a paste, and if it can only he applied by hand, I'd be interested to see a how-to video. Unless its a no-brainer like the BSG.

Griot's Garage and DoDo Juice make a paste wax in a container like deodorant comes in. You just screw it up from the bottom and apply the wax to the pad. It is amazing how easy it is to use. Maybe Adam's could look into a container like they are using.

Nope, 100% all day long :cheers:

It's not possible to have 100% carnuba - it would be as solid as a brick and astronomically expensive.

"Percentage of wax content- most carnaubas advertised with 50% or more Carnauba wax content is truly advertising a weight, not a volume. 30% by volume is about 50% by weight is about the maximum content (approx 35% Carnauba by volume makes it almost impossible to add/remove) that’s why you never can truly assess the amount of Carnauba in a manufactured wax unless the manufacturer specifically lists its content percentage by weight or volume. When making a comparison ensure you compare like with like i.e. % volume or % weight. The balance will be; solvent, polymer, silicone, Montan or mineral oils, beeswax, synthetics or other waxes"

Cited From -

"Automotive Detailing Inside & Out; a Knowledge Base for the Perfectionist"– by Jon Miller

It's not possible to have 100% carnuba - it would be as solid as a brick and astronomically expensive.

"Percentage of wax content- most carnaubas advertised with 50% or more Carnauba wax content is truly advertising a weight, not a volume. 30% by volume is about 50% by weight is about the maximum content (approx 35% Carnauba by volume makes it almost impossible to add/remove) that’s why you never can truly assess the amount of Carnauba in a manufactured wax unless the manufacturer specifically lists its content percentage by weight or volume. When making a comparison ensure you compare like with like i.e. % volume or % weight. The balance will be; solvent, polymer, silicone, Montan or mineral oils, beeswax, synthetics or other waxes"

Cited From -

"Automotive Detailing Inside & Out; a Knowledge Base for the Perfectionist"– by Jon Miller

Thats what I was thinking, it's impossible to be 100% Carnuba since its hard.

Going back to earlier posts; I'm not sure about Adam's new paste wax but a very good competitors paste wax can be applied by machine if desired.

Going back to earlier posts; I'm not sure about Adam's new paste wax but a very good competitors paste wax can be applied by machine if desired.

There are a few out there that are pretty nice - the ability to do it by machine is a HUGE time saver! The only downside of it is that you tend to run through product a bit quicker than you would with something applied by hand.

There are several way to apply a hard paste wax by machine. You can take the cake out of the container by working it out with a butter knife or something like it. But if you do this be really careful not to drop it !!!!!! And wear gloves to get a good grip on it. Then you can rub it on the pad like the stick type hard wax's. Or the easiest way is to just, using the butter knife again, just scrape a little off the top and kind of butter the pad. Just spray the pad first as the detail spray on the pad will help you spread it nice and thin :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

But I think everyone should apply it by hand, no applicator at all. Just scrape a little out and let the heat from your hands melt it and massage it on to the paint. Unless you have a crew cab truck !!!!!

I'm no detail expert, but the idea of it being 100% carnauba wax baffles my mind. How does it standup to the durability and shine of Adam's other waxes? A 1-10 scale would be nice. :)

It's not, carnuba is hard as a rock. The wax content in the product is 100% carnuba. There is a detailed explanation of carnuba wax content above :thumbsup:

How does it standup to the durability and shine of Adam's other waxes? A 1-10 scale would be nice. :)

This will both outshine and outlast our Buttery Wax and Machine SuperWax. Paste wax has a stronger bond to clear coats and paint.

I musta read over Jason's post. Sorry Jason. So the wax that's in it will be 100% carnauba. Will it be out shining buttery or outlasting MSW?

See above :cheers: