Customer Service 866.965.0400

Difference between paste wax and liquid wax

BrandonL

Question

I've been seeing a few threads about the paste wax that Adam's is coming out with and everyone seems to be very excited about it. What is the difference between a paste wax and a liquid wax like the Buttery Wax? Just curious, thanks everyone :D

Big question......When will this be available?

Sorry I don't know how to quote from another thread here is some copy and paste:

Adam- I'll be sure to bring some with me, however, it won't be released for a while longer. It's truly a great product, and getting the custom applicator made, and the product poured cleanly into the nice cosmetic jar is something we are learning about now!

Stay tuned my friends, and the release is scheduled to be May 1. Sneak preview of our new paste here, while we get the pouring thing figured out! :patriot:

<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

<FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Images</LEGEND>attachment.php?attachmentid=1399&stc=1&d=1239236675

</FIELDSET>

I get my paste wax out by tipping the container over the pad and SLIGHTLY squeeze the sides to get air to the bottom....let it slide out and then "butter....EVER SO LIGHTLY.... the pad. This little bit will do the hood and both fenders of my wagon. An 8oz jar can/will, and has done 25-30 applications.

As stated above, the wax itself is hard- concrete block hard- and needs to be thinned out with other materials. Liquids have less wax in them by design.

In my experience, Carnauba looks best on the darker colored cars, while the sealants are fine for the lighter ones.

I have used the- and I'll use brand names here for comparison purposes- the $12 Mothers Gold paste, $35 Pinnacle Signature Series II, and the Pinnacle Sovereign paste at $85, all in 8 oz jars. YES, there is a difference in the quality, durability, wetness and shine. While all state they are carnauba, the difference is in the quality and %. The higher the %, the higher the cost and subsequently, the better the results. Svisswax, from what I understand, is a "wet dream" product, but at $1100 a jar, I'll have to deal with Claudia Schiffer;). The Mothers was a wash and went in the trash, while the Signature is used on customers cars that want it, and the Sovereign goes on my car:drool:

Here's a thought.. If you are happy with the buttery wax, You'll LOVE the paste, providing that it contains more carnauba.

What I've also seen is the paste WILL be harder to remove. You can remedy this by doing the Adam trick with the polishing towel and your DA.

I am looking forward to the paste.

I really think to be competitive it would make sense to have it in a push up container.

I like that idea!

Chris

Svisswax, from what I understand, is a "wet dream" product, but at $1100 a jar, I'll have to deal with Claudia Schiffer;).

That's nothing, Zymol has a wax that is $2,000, one that is $8,000, and one that is (and I'm not even close to making this up) $50,000 :willy: I can't for the life of me figure out what justifies that kind of money for wax, even on concourse cars

Svisswax, from what I understand, is a "wet dream" product, but at $1100 a jar, I'll have to deal with Claudia Schiffer;).

They make less expensive waxes that run about $150, but from my experience you get similar results from some other waxes at half the cost.

Or, you can pickup some Zymol Solaris for $45,000! :lol:

Sorry Chris, but do you think we'd sell something that makes life difficult? This will dry quickly and remove with a light dusting action :cheers:

Sweet! I just assumed this as most are harder...

What's the % of Carnuba or will you say?

What is your testing method?

Get a bunch of competitors products and compare a bunch of different criteria?

Do you test it like the video below? :D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cnYS3VEE7o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cnYS3VEE7o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edited by Chewy

Never been a really big fan of paste waxes, but I'll no doubt give this a try since it is Adams and you guys have never done me wrong before.

Any rough estimates on pricing yet? I know high concentration 'nubas tend to be a little hard on the wallet and justifiably so.

Sweet! I just assumed this as most are harder...

What's the % of Carnuba or will you say?

What is your testing method?

Get a bunch of competitors products and compare a bunch of different criteria?

Do you test it like the video below? :D

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cnYS3VEE7o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

That's a great kit !!!! It even comes with a Sham WOW :lolsmack::lolsmack:

Outlast really huh? Impressive. What if you put on MSW THEN put on paste wax? Or should you wait the 12 hours for the oils to seep out of the MSW?

Great question, what if someone did that?

I just bough the Complete Dual-Action Car Polisher Kit which comes with the MSW, and I'm going to get the new paste wax as soon as it comes out.

So I wasn't sure if doing both would give me a super long lasting wax or just screw everything up.

Great question, what if someone did that?

I just bough the Complete Dual-Action Car Polisher Kit which comes with the MSW, and I'm going to get the new paste wax as soon as it comes out.

So I wasn't sure if doing both would give me a super long lasting wax or just screw everything up.

Ya, I'd like to know too. If I want the best protection and shine shouldn't I just skip the MSW and go directly to paste? That is if I have the time.

Ya, I'd like to know too. If I want the best protection and shine shouldn't I just skip the MSW and go directly to paste? That is if I have the time.

Experimenting with layers is part of the joy of detailing IMO... each car is unique and different paints respond differently to combinations of products. The best thing to do is play around with different combos.

Personally I prefer high carnuba content products as a last step as they tend to have the most warmth and depth to them, so in the case of your question you could use ONLY the paste, but it would be worth trying the paste layered over the MSW... I think thats the route I'm gonna go first time out.