Customer Service 866.965.0400

Results from prototype testing

JJ1o87

I got the yellow pad but not the compound.

I'm still pretty much a virgin :loser: at this thing and didn't want to push my luck and mess up the clear coat. I'm not quite up to what to do, or how hard to push on the drill, etc. I'll be there with a little note pad at the clinic. I'm pretty happy that as much of it disappeared as it did.

Try that yellow pad maybe thatl help it a bit. It's also time to detail the rest of the car too, swirly!

:lolsmack::lolsmack:Trust me. It's only swirly from messing around with the pads...........and only in that one spot. My car is NEVER swirly. I'm too anal. :lolsmack:

I love to see that people are using the spot lights in their pictures now to show the hidden swirls. The light never lies. It's like that best friend who has your best interest in mind when they give you the straight scoop. :thumbsup:

Some of those pictures also show something that you were not aiming for, that being holograms. Because of how fast you where spinning the drill, those holograms appeared just as they would have had you used a high speed buffer. That is why it is so important that we stress the use of a orbital polisher to the members of this forum. At the speed that you had that drill going, you could actually burn the paint.

Personally, I would be too scared to use a drill on the paint unless the speed of the drill could be controlled by something other than my finger. That's why I want to try this product on glass. I will be posting some pictures of my before and after, using my girlfriends beat up head lights for guinea pigs. Stay tuned!

Personally, I would be too scared to use a drill on the paint unless the speed of the drill could be controlled by something other than my finger.

That's what I was thinking too - even a cordless is going to spin much faster than my rotary...with much less control to boot. Scary thought :willy:

I'm using these small pads with my PC and they work great. They get enough heat going to cut through some pretty decent scratches. I'm sorry but it just seems like there are too many variable with these drills and they are acting like rotarys by simply spinning.

• 2 weeks later...