Customer Service 866.965.0400

Have a photogenic vehicle for our marketing?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love all the pics of the different vehicles. I like this pic of my 32 with the flag in the background even though it was before the interior was done.

That's a beauty!! :banana:

Ever take that rod to Ocean City Md in May for the cruise in? It would fit right in for sure.

http://www.specialeventpro.com/gallery.php

Here's a link to the info in case you're interested.

http://www.specialeventpro.com/cruisin.php

Thanks for the compliments guys. I always eat them up. I have not had it to Ocean City, but I will check it out. I usually go to the local smaller shows that are for a good cause like Make a Wish, with a couple of buddies. I love driving the car and talking cars at the different shows. Of course as you all know there is nothing like hearing a horn honk and people giving you the thumbs up. I just wish I lived in a nice environment that I could drive it year round.

• 2 weeks later...
haha oh so tempting...lol i was going to ask a ?im getting my car repainted,how long do you think i will havet to wait until i can use adams car wash on it?

You can wash it all you want but waxing it is a different story. Also, you don't want to be doing a whole lot of rubbing on fresh paint.

Paint has to cure before you can wax it. Because the paint in the can is too thick to shoot through a spray gun, thinner has to be mixed into it. Once the paint is on the car, all the stuff that wasn't part of the original paint needs time to exorcise itself out of the paint. If you wax it and seal it in, then the paint will do something funky. They say to wait 60 days but it really depends on what kind of wax you use and the climate you're in. I forget what the additive is called but some waxes can be used right after a paint job. One of the Adam's guys can tell you if theirs fits that billet.

You can wash it all you want but waxing it is a different story. Also, you don't want to be doing a whole lot of rubbing on fresh paint.

Paint has to cure before you can wax it. Because the paint in the can is too thick to shoot through a spray gun, thinner has to be mixed into it. Once the paint is on the car, all the stuff that wasn't part of the original paint needs time to exorcise itself out of the paint. If you wax it and seal it in, then the paint will do something funky. They say to wait 60 days but it really depends on what kind of wax you use and the climate you're in. I forget what the additive is called but some waxes can be used right after a paint job. One of the Adam's guys can tell you if theirs fits that billet.

yeah thanks for the info im having it done in a paint booth and ferrari paint and the clear rock guard shield on the front,and its going to be baked on with the lights for 2 hr.. you cant tell from the pics but my hood is eat up with all sorts of stuff and my front bumper is got really bad rock chips so im just going to have them do the whole thing done because if i just get that done it will look better than the rest of the car!!lol and the additive are you talking about hardener?and thanks junk i just want to be sure before i mess something up..haha

yeah thanks for the info im having it done in a paint booth and ferrari paint and the clear rock guard shield on the front,and its going to be baked on with the lights for 2 hr.. you cant tell from the pics but my hood is eat up with all sorts of stuff and my front bumper is got really bad rock chips so im just going to have them do the whole thing done because if i just get that done it will look better than the rest of the car!!lol and the additive are you talking about hardener?and thanks junk i just want to be sure before i mess something up..haha

Yea, hardener and whatever else they put in paint. My father owned a body shop for 30 years and one would think that I would know something about this stuff but I had no desire to learn it whatsoever when I was a kid. My loss now. I guess I could teach myself like I've done with everything else. One day...

Yea, hardener and whatever else they put in paint. My father owned a body shop for 30 years and one would think that I would know something about this stuff but I had no desire to learn it whatsoever when I was a kid. My loss now. I guess I could teach myself like I've done with everything else. One day...

yeah the place im having it painted at im prob going to get a part time job there just to learn how to do everything so i can do it myself =)hehe