Customer Service 866.965.0400

Excited But with a Question

1st Gen

Can't wait to try out the graphene polish!  I have been a fan of carbon nanotubes for many years, and graphene seems like the next step.

My '68 Camaro is just finishing up a complete restoration.  Only question I have is: how long do I need to wait from the application of clear coat over base coat before I can apply the coating?

I’m sorry for using the term “polish”.  I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive my ignorance.  I just took the term from the actual text of Adams’  website URL: www.adamspolishes.com.  And what appears to be the name of the company, as well:  “Adam’s Polishes”. Clearly, I should have used the term “coating”.  My bad.  Are you, by any chance an employee of Adams? Or perhaps, of one of their competitors? In any event, if your intent was to diminish my sense of excitement, well done.

2 hours ago, 1st Gen said:

I’m sorry for using the term “polish”.  I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive my ignorance.  I just took the term from the actual text of Adams’  website URL: www.adamspolishes.com.  And what appears to be the name of the company, as well:  “Adam’s Polishes”. Clearly, I should have used the term “coating”.  My bad.  Are you, by any chance an employee of Adams? Or perhaps, of one of their competitors? In any event, if your intent was to diminish my sense of excitement, well done.

Sorry about that.  Guz didn't mean any harm, I'm sure.  

He's correct about asking your painter about how long to wait before applying any type of protection.  Even wax.  Adam's carries a long and extensive line of products to keep your car looking its best from wax to polishes, to ceramics and graphene.  Some are simple and require nothing more than just applying and wiping off. Others, like ceramics/graphene can take a couple of days to get optimal protection.

My best advice to you is to go to www.adamspolishes.com and click on "exterior".  You'll find all of the products and most have videos to watch and learn what each does, and how easy or difficult they are to apply.  

I've been using nothing but Adam's for over 20 years, and I can tell you that I've never found anything better as far as long lasting, best protection, and deep wet shine.  

Feel free to ask any questions you have along the way. We were all first timers at one point.  

Again, apologies if you felt insulted.  Now let's get excited!

Welcome to the forum!!  

I bought this Camaro in 1980 or so, and drove it every day for six or seven years.  Parked it meaning to restore it, but life happened.  It stayed garaged, and finally it was sell it or do it, but circumstances had changed that needed me to hire it done.  It was a frame-up rotisserie job, with new rear quarters, passenger inner tub, new front fenders and skirts, new pan from firewall to front of trunk, new sub-frame with control arms, springs, disks, MAJOR build on the 396, re-do on the Muncie M20, etc, etc.  The restoration shop has put around 100 miles on it, and it’s now in upholstery shop to do the interior.  So, best I can do right now is a picture from around 1983 when I was on a jobsite in Los Vegas.  Once finished, it will still look pretty much like this, except they did an exceptional job on polishing the Centerlines, and the rubber is new Cooper Cobras, black side out.

Road Warrior's Car.jpg