Customer Service 866.965.0400

WW Stains…WTF??

galaxy

Question

Weellll, here’s a new one for the archives. Needed to do a rinseless wash today on the white truck.  I just got a new ik foam pro 2 bottle, so I thought I’d try something out…

In the past, I’ve always pre-treated bugs and dirty spots with WW to soak the bugs and dirt before doing a rinseless or waterless wash. So I thought I’d try putting some WW in my foam pro 2 bottle and try it out on pre-treating those areas.  Fast forward, everywhere I sprayed WW with the bottle stained the absolute f$&@ out of the white paint. Now what????  It won’t come off. WW nor shampoo will get it off. I’m sure a mechanical step will take it off, but not really in the mood to go polishing to fix this and have to redo the ceramic. And yes, it’s stained with current ceramic coating layer.  

Any bright ideas how to treat this. 

I suck at pics, so I tried to get a shot of it. It’s subtle, but it’s for sure there if you look at the pic just right. 

IMG_7469.jpeg

5 answers to this question

Soooo, I stopped in the middle of frustration and let it be. Started fresh this morning and started from scratch with a normal bucket and shampoo wash. That took the spotting waaay waaaay down. Almost faded it completely away. Weird part is this worked on the paint but not on plastic parts, which are painted and ceramic coated as well (fender trim, door handles, etc). On these spots, a once over with brilliant glaze got the stains off.  All back to normal. 

Note to self and anyone else…don’t use WW in anything foaming. That was really weird. 

Hi Jon,
Brilliant Glaze should be able to remove the staining.   I had a similar experience with a new sprayer, not an IK Pro, but similar and my mistake was that I did not thoroughly wash the sprayer first.  While I cannot state this is what happened to you, but I found out there was some sort of lubricant within the sprayer and it came out upon first use.

Trying using BG on the affected areas, that will usually get them back to being pristine again.

6 hours ago, RayS said:

but similar and my mistake was that I did not thoroughly wash the sprayer first.  While I cannot state this is what happened to you, but I found out there was some sort of lubricant within the sprayer and it came out upon first us

That was my thought, too. Something else was still ln the sprayer. Glad it all worked out, though. BG to the rescue again...such an underrated product!

I think the sprayer was pretty clean. I ran about three bottles of water though it playing with the optional jets before I put a product in it. I don’t think the WW liked being aerated. 

Not to change gears too bad, but does BG remove or degrade ceramic coating?  I mean after all, the stuff can remove high spots.  

1 hour ago, galaxy said:

Not to change gears too bad, but does BG remove or degrade ceramic coating?  I mean after all, the stuff can remove high spots.  

No, it won't remove it once the coating has cured. It'll only remove high spots early on, and sometimes will change the overall look of those areas especially on black vehicles.