Customer Service 866.965.0400

How to get this roof done?

NuNu

Question

Recently purchased this and now I’m looking for a way to reach the top to clean and coat it? It’s 8ft high and I need to get total access to the top for coating. Any Pro Detailers have a idea of what kinda ladder or platform I can get to accomplish this?

image.jpeg

3 answers to this question

3 hours ago, chops1sc said:

Look for a tool rental place near you and they should have scaffolding for rent. Then you would just work your way down the roof. That is how I would attempt it.

+1. Not sure about how tall you are or how much of a reach you have, but most benches are relatively short and ladders can be cumbersome. That's a pretty tall vehicle and you don't want to be hampered by your ability to reach all areas. Good luck, and let us know what you choose to use...

Set between two of the 20'sh foot ladders this will let you get to all the areas.  Plan on doing about 2 feet a time for the length of the vehicle and go all the way across.  It is a slow process and is easier to move the vehicle than to move the ladders and scaffold.   You need to pick the right brand and length of the scaffold to ensure your vehicle can go between the ladders.  Laying down on the scaffold does make the process easier, but there is nothing that makes it comfortable.

I found that having the ladder closest to the vehicle in a more verticle stance made the setting more stable and more room along side the vehicle.
Little Giant Ladders Adj. Aluminum 2-Person Plank, 73 in L 15036