Customer Service 866.965.0400

White speckles on 2015 Lexus ES350

momopi

Question

Hello Everyone,

I noticed some white speckles and tiny lines on the roof of my 2015 Lexus ES350.

Can anyone identify the defect and make suggestions?

I've already tried polish / light cut without success.

roof2.jpg

roof1.jpg

7 answers to this question

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but that is clear coat fracturing.  It is a form of clear coat failure.  The only fix is a repaint.  

The local paint shops want $800 to match and paint the roof of the car.  I asked how much to repaint the whole car and they wanted $4,000-$6,000!

The other alternative is Maaco's upcoming Mother's Day special, but going there is like rolling the dice. 

1 hour ago, momopi said:

The local paint shops want $800 to match and paint the roof of the car.  I asked how much to repaint the whole car and they wanted $4,000-$6,000!

The other alternative is Maaco's upcoming Mother's Day special, but going there is like rolling the dice. 

The same thing happening to me led me back to detailing years ago. Best of luck, we are here for more questions... And let us know what you decide to do.

My wife's Acura is also beginning to show some signs of clearcoat wear (?) on the rear panel of the roof.

The car was purchased used was previously a leased vehicle, there's obvious drive-through car wash scratches on the car.

In cases like this, I take it it's not recommended to do paint correction?  I want to apply a cleaner wax but am even hesitant to use machine application/polish.

Acura1.jpg

acura2.jpg

acura3.jpg

That is correct.  Abrading the surface will speed up the failure process.  Just skip those areas and you will be ok.