Customer Service 866.965.0400

We need a plastic polish!

CRQuarto

Question

This is probably the one item I would have to say that I wish the Adam's line had...a plastic polish! Headlight/taillight covers can get scratched and dinged from daily driving, it would be great to have something we could use for these! I do use the buttery wax on them, which works great, but in the end even with extreme care there are a few scratches in them.

19 answers to this question

would that be something the clear polish would work on? I don't have it so I don't know. I've used meguiars plastx on my daily driver's headlight covers and it removed most of the yellowing but not all, and it didn't last very long, maybe 3 weeks tops.

This is probably the one item I would have to say that I wish the Adam's line had...a plastic polish! Headlight/taillight covers can get scratched and dinged from daily driving, it would be great to have something we could use for these! I do use the buttery wax on them, which works great, but in the end even with extreme care there are a few scratches in them.

What are you a mind reader? I just demo'd last Friday....... oh wait, almost slipped a secret!

Indeed, something to shine and restore plastic this way comes!! ;) In the mean time, so you know, using a clay bar and Swirl & Haze Remover, followed by Revive Polish is VERY effective at clarifying hazy headlights.

Just my $.02!

:D

What are you a mind reader? I just demo'd last Friday....... oh wait, almost slipped a secret!

I knew as soon as I clicked on this thread it was only a matter of time till Dylan would tease us with something.

will this be a product that might be able to remove scratches from plastic b-pillars?

This would make me a happy man!

You should look at the dates of the posts, this thread is 3 years old.

In the mean time, so you know, using a clay bar and Swirl & Haze Remover, followed by Revive Polish is VERY effective at clarifying hazy headlights.

Just my $.02!

:D

Agreed!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

In this case the user did know they were bumping an old thread, but the responders after the fact didn't realize. No worries, it's all good :thumbsup:

Exactly :)

Who knows, maybe this will help reinvigorate the idea of a special plastic product???

What about using Machine Super Sealant as the last step? I'm assuming I can put my PC against these plastic parts...any difference to how i treat plastic vs paint (i.e. speed of PC?)

Edited by sparg93

i still have a bottle of the Clear Polish; hardly ever use it. works good on the vinyl stripes, but BG has proven to be a better solution. i honestly only use it on the headlights and tail lights now, but the SHR, FMP on a focus pad works just as good, and a coat of Americana protects them well.