Customer Service 866.965.0400

Traded my Zaino for ADAM'S!

Chopek1026

I got tired of all those steps and wanted to try a machine to get rid of swirls on my 2000 Torch Red Corvette. :mail: I've read all these threads about techniques and it's not working for me yet:help: I tried taking some pics last night... they didn't turn out that well. I'll try again. Heading out to the garage to give it another shot. :pc::xfingers:

Thanks for the support.

I hope so! It's getting very frustrating! What am I not doing right? What's the average amount of passes to achieve that mirror shine? One section I went over at least 7 times with SHR and FMP on the Orange pad and still had some swirls and scratches,

Thanks for the support.

I hope so! It's getting very frustrating! What am I not doing right? What's the average amount of passes to achieve that mirror shine? One section I went over at least 7 times with SHR and FMP on the Orange pad and still had some swirls and scratches,

Are you applying enough pressure. And is the PC at 4 or higher.

I also had used Zaino’s for a while. I had great success using it on my old car, a black C5, but I have never been quite satisfied with it on my C6. I was not overloaded with swirl marks, but the PC along <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><st1:place w:st=</st1:place>Adams arsenal did clear up my paint. I have already used the Machine polish the car, but I just purchased some of the Americano Paste, so I cannot wait to get home (I am overseas) to layer it on the C6. :pc:

Thanks for the support.

First off, you should have used the SHR on a orange pad and the FMP on a white pad. Applying a lot of pressure is not necessarily what you should have done, especially wth the FMP. Have you watched any of my videos?

First off, you should have used the SHR on a orange pad and the FMP on a white pad. Applying a lot of pressure is not necessarily what you should have done, especially wth the FMP. Have you watched any of my videos?

I was following the detail sheet from Ashley. It says two dime size squirts of SHR and the same of FMP on the orange pad. Also, in one of Adam's videos he said to apply significant amounts of pressure.

I have watched your videos multiple times!

Adam called me this morning. About to go out into the garage and do an over-the-phone session!

I was following the detail sheet from Ashley. It says two dime size squirts of SHR and the same of FMP on the orange pad. Also, in one of Adam's videos he said to apply significant amounts of pressure.

I have watched your videos multiple times!

Adam called me this morning. About to go out into the garage and do an over-the-phone session!

The man himself will get you squared away. :thumbsup:

I still have some Zaino but I don't use it much. Adam's stuff is somuch easier to use. Adam's DS is way easier to use than Zaino's. Right now I have Zaino and Adam's tire dressing on my tires to do a comparison. I was going to use my friends Civic as the test car for Zaino vs Adams wax today. But he didn't wash it so that will have to wait.

I still have some Zaino but I don't use it much. Adam's stuff is somuch easier to use. Adam's DS is way easier to use than Zaino's. Right now I have Zaino and Adam's tire dressing on my tires to do a comparison. I was going to use my friends Civic as the test car for Zaino vs Adams wax today. But he didn't wash it so that will have to wait.

You're right Devin, Adam's is so much easier to use. I've still got a lot of Zaino left. I was gonna give it to my parents, but I don't think I could put them through that. Hopefully they will order some Adam's.

I might try a comparison too, if I can muster up the effort to apply the Zaino!

The PC 7424 and Adam's machine polishes have spoiled me. Let me know who the winner is when your finished.

You're right Devin, Adam's is so much easier to use. I've still got a lot of Zaino left. I was gonna give it to my parents, but I don't think I could put them through that. Hopefully they will order some Adam's.

I might try a comparison too, if I can muster up the effort to apply the Zaino!

The PC 7424 and Adam's machine polishes have spoiled me. Let me know who the winner is when your finished.

I've already done the comparison. You're already using the right stuff. :2thumbs:

I need to give my Zaino stuff away...

Zaino makes a great product, there's no doubt about it. However, Adam's products (IMO) will produce equal or greater shine with much less effort. In my book, that's good math.

I gave about $200.00 worth of Zaino to a buddy after I bought my first bottle of Buttery Wax. No quittin' now...

I've already done the comparison. You're already using the right stuff. :2thumbs:

I need to give my Zaino stuff away...

I don't know how to say what I'm trying to say with out it being taken the wrong way and being edited.

The thing to keep in mind is that Zaino and Adams are two very distinctly different products guys. They're both a means of making your paint look good, but with very different approaches.

FWIW - there really aren't any polishes in the Zaino product line (other than ZPC) so essentially their products use filler to mask and disguise imperfections. Not that there is anything wrong with that, its just a different means to get a good looking finish.

I have used Zaino extensively in the past, not at all bad stuff, just not my style. Keep in mind no ONE company has the right solution to every problem and some are better in certain aspects than others. I've stuck with Adams for so long simply for the ease of use, the finished product, and the unmatched customer service. There is no company in the market willing to go to nearly the same lengths as Adam and his team are to make a customer happy.

You simply can't put a price on customer service IMO.

The thing to keep in mind is that Zaino and Adams are two very distinctly different products guys. They're both a means of making your paint look good, but with very different approaches.

FWIW - there really aren't any polishes in the Zaino product line (other than ZPC) so essentially their products use filler to mask and disguise imperfections. Not that there is anything wrong with that, its just a different means to get a good looking finish.

I have used Zaino extensively in the past, not at all bad stuff, just not my style. Keep in mind no ONE company has the right solution to every problem and some are better in certain aspects than others. I've stuck with Adams for so long simply for the ease of use, the finished product, and the unmatched customer service. There is no company in the market willing to go to nearly the same lengths as Adam and his team are to make a customer happy.

You simply can't put a price on customer service IMO.

:iagree:

I started looking for a different company to use after contacting Zaino. I sent them an email with a problem and they responded only to say call us. When I called they were extremely rude, and told me to tell them what I thought went wrong. I called them to hear what they had to say, not guess at what my problem was. By the end of my conversation I was told it must have been my fault and was left with out an answer on how to fix it. I come to Adam with the same problem via email and he gives me a solution, a link to the forums, and his personal cell phone number. You cant beat Adam's customer service.