Customer Service 866.965.0400

Touchless Car Wash

boltsfan

Question

Hey guys,

I really like to "try" and take care of my cars (obviously I just switched to Adams!) but I have a lot of learning to do.

Unfortunately, I do not always have the time to personally hand wash my car. I will admit I am guilty of taking my Yukon (silver) to my local car wash (hand wash only) but have vowed to never take the new Benz (black) to a car wash. I hope to stop taking the Yukon as well but it takes too long to wash myself.

I realize a touchless car wash might use recycled water and harsh detergents but sometimes I really have no choice. Is a weekly touchless wash really that bad if you have no time and protect the paint with Adam's products after?

Friends and family always claim how nice my cars look cause I at least take them home from the car wash, park it in the garage and finish detailing (previously with inferior products). Compared to you guys... my cars would look like crap but hopefully Adam's products will change all that. I just don't see how you guys have time to keep your cars looking so great as I would spend all day every Sat\Sun cleaning my cars and maintaining my yard and would never see my family.

:help:

10 answers to this question

What really matters is what you think. Theres no point in comparing your finish to others, its a crap shoot really, b/c there is ALWAYS someone with a better shine, less swirls, etc.

If it fits your routine better to do the occasional car wash who are we to tell you no. I think as long as you're following up with some protection and doing what you can to minimize swirls then go for it. Obviously if time permits washing it yourself is always the best choice, but we live in the real world, we have commitments outside of car care, and busy lives to live... do what works best for you IMO.

Adam was working on a waterless car wash and I had a chance to try it out. It worked great with fantastic results. I don't know what ever happened to it, but if he ever decides to go ahead and produce it, I'll be first in line.

Boltsfan, I agree with Dylan, in that it's up to you how clean you want your cars.

Something you may want to consider is a no-rinse wash product. It can be quicker (20-30 minutes) than a conventional wash as you wash and dry a panel at a time. If it is done correctly you will not add new swirls. Another plus, you can do it inside your garage! (something the folks that have real winters maybe interested in). If you have a bucket, a Grit-Guard, and plenty of Adam's MF towels (white drying and fluffy blue ones) you have all the hardware you need.

Honestly, I think a clean car/a cared-for car shows a lot about a person's character. And I think that if you have to run through a car wash from time to time, that's fine -- I'd have more respect for you if you kept your Benz clean via a car wash than if you neglected it and let it look like crap. Like someone else said, there are always going to be variations on perfection, so don't get hung up comparing your car's finish to a show car's paint.

In the end, the real downside of a car wash is that it will do a slight bit of damage to your paint, and that means more corrective work for you when you do have time to give it a really good detailing. But it is the end of the world? Of course not.

:cheers:

Rich

I also don't trust the car wash guys driving my car onto the tracks to go through the car wash. I swear they have dinged my wheels a few times... So that is also why I have switched to a touchless wash that I drive through myself when I do not have the time to do a hand wash.

In the winter I have ZERO choice but to use a touch less car wash or a wand and do it myself. It's better than not doing it at all IMO.

Chris

Do you have a garage? If so the no-rinse process will work!