Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's at Carlisle Ford Nationals -- This Weekend!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's what I used: Clayed with clay bar and detail spray, then I went to SHR on a orange pad, followed by FMP on a white pad, 1 coat of BSG and one coat of Americana. I wiped the area down with detail spray before moving between each product.

For those of you coming down, look me up and say hey! :thumbsup:

Nice work, Junkman! You da man! :rockon::glasses:

That was some pretty serious looking damage. How many passes did you have to make with SHR to clear it up?

More importantly, with only two hours between demos, how did you find time to eat to regain your strength?? :lolsmack::lolsmack::D

Couple of pics from today. Unfortunately AJ wasn't around when I snapped these pics, but I had the chance to meet him earlier in the day. And Jesse -- where where you? I was hoping to catch you there. :cheers:

-June2009-_0030.jpg

-June2009-_0037.jpg

-June2009-_0039.jpg

Humster,

What have you been doing to your car to get all those scratches?? :eek:

Looks like Junkman to the rescue!!

I hope the sunshine I sent for PA today has arrived and you all have a fantastic day!! :rockon::rockon:

I wish I was there. I am jealous.

I wish I knew how the scratches got there. It looks like a brillo pad was used on the front edge of the hood. AJ and Steve are keeping the car again tomorrow to finish it up. Junkman sure made the hood shine. I have the best hood in Carlisle.

I can't wait :pc::pc::pc::pc:
Lol, he finished the other side of the hood. The scratches are all gone. Steve VRT'd half my vinyl top today, but thats as far as they got in 2 days. The Junkman takes his time to do it right.

I was thinking the same thing. i was wondering how i could get it out of there. But i wouldnt do that.

Especially since you would have to get through me and about a hundred bottles of Buttery Wax being hurled you way! I got dibs on that baby! :rockon:

Well, here's the final product. Again, I was good for the hood. Steve volunteered to do the whole car but I wasn't that crazy. Gotta love Steve. He's a mad man!

This was a shot of the other side of the hood before I fixed it.

fordshow12.jpg

Here's a shot of the rest of the hood fixed, with Kelly from New York waving at the camera. Kelly's husband is a new Adam's customer who will be joining us here at the forum also. I had to give her the Adam's Hottie Award as she was easily the hottest woman I saw all weekend. :2thumbs:

fordshow13.jpg

fordshow14.jpg

... the hood...

fordshow15.jpg

... and me! Notice how dirty I got. However, my new Adam's work smock kept my clothes clean. Sweet, huh!

fordshow17.jpg

While at the show yesterday, some guys from Dynamic Motorsports came over to our booth and asked me if we had something for a scratch in their black convertible Shelby. They wanted some touch up paint. I went over and took a look at the scratch. It was ugly. What was even more ugly was the fact that they wanted to use touch up paint. Check out the scratch:

fordshow18.jpg

The clear coat on this car was unlike any I have ever seen in my life. It was slick as glass. Not one pimple of orange peel in it whatsoever. I have never seen a car as slick as this. It was unreal!

So, I broke out some SHR, some FMP, the orange and white pads along with some 3000 grit sandpaper. I went at that scratch for a while until it was almost gone.

fordshow19.jpg

fordshow20.jpg

Then, I used the SHR and FMP to bring the finish back to perfect.

fordshow21.jpg

fordshow22.jpg

fordshow23.jpg

Here's a shot of this beautiful ride!

fordshow24.jpg

fordshow25.jpg

That ride has been restored back to its original luster, thanks to Adam's Polishes. So the next time you hear that Adam's doesn't make anything capable of handling wet sanding marks and that the PC is too weak for the same, kick them in the shins for not knowing what they are talking about. It totally depends on the grit of sandpaper that you are using. Adam's is good down to 2500 grit. The PC is good for more than that. I will have a video in the near future showing my technique on this type of scratch removal.

Oh well, time to go save some more paint jobs. More pics from the show to follow tonight! :2thumbs:

Edited by Junkman2008

Great looking photos! The scratches on that mustang were crazy (no offense to the owner but those were BAD). Looks like you did a great job on fixing them though! I wish there were some car shows you guys came to around here! I would love to learn how to properly remove swirls because it seems like the Adam's crew is just as good at teaching people as it is at selling great products!

It was great to meet you guys AJ and Steve! Thanks for helping out my bro with his stang, we really need to invest in the porter cable!! (and keep him away from any brillo pad or as Steve said a chainmail shammy haha.)

AJ it was great to meet you and experience the greatness of the detail god in person! I had no clue you were coming and that was an excellent surprise! Who would of known that you are more entertaining in person then on these forums, I hope that more members on here get the oppurtunity to meet you guys.

You astound me AJ. Your skills are beyond any I will ever hope to have. I hope the Cobra owners properly thanked you for the money you saved them. Or at least bought out your supply of Adam's products!

Fantastic job! :thumbsup::thumbsup: