Customer Service 866.965.0400

velcro isnt sticking

sshhbequiet

Question

whats up guys. i went out to polish new new motorcycle (wooo hooo!!!) and the daamn velcro on the orange pad isnt sticking to the polisher. all i did was \wash them in the kitchen sink. not washer or anything. whats up with that? im not even done with my truck yet (weather has been really shiity the past week) and the pad isnt sticking anymore, so how am i supposed to finish my truck???:mad:

No, its not wet. Its been 2-3 days since i have used it. Even on speed 4-5 it kind of sputters, then flies off. Just looking at it, it doesnt look in bad shape. And even when you feel it it doesnt feel bad either. Not all loose or anything like that

No, its not wet. Its been 2-3 days since i have used it. Even on speed 4-5 it kind of sputters, then flies off. Just looking at it, it doesnt look in bad shape. And even when you feel it it doesnt feel bad either. Not all loose or anything like that

Since this is the secound occurance i would say there was some bad velco put on. SO call rob or ashley up and they will make it right.

If you could please post pictures of the backing so we can examine it for any obvious answers, that would be great. I can assure you that whatever the problem, it will be fixed, but it helps when we can see the failed part so as to hopefully curb any further issues. :thumbsup:

whats up guys. i went out to polish new new motorcycle (wooo hooo!!!) and the daamn velcro on the orange pad isnt sticking to the polisher. all i did was \wash them in the kitchen sink. not washer or anything. whats up with that? im not even done with my truck yet (weather has been really shiity the past week) and the pad isnt sticking anymore, so how am i supposed to finish my truck???:mad:

Hey Jon, the best thing to do when you have a problem is contact Adam's directly. That will get your problem solved much faster.

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2921

Bummer, and it's unfortunate you didn't email our customer service team earlier today, as we could of had a replacement in your hands immediately.

Sorry the pad failed, and we'll absolutely replace it, no questions asked. In fact, we can replace it much quicker if we were notified, and didn't have to happen-upon the thread after midnight on Friday night.

Posting a rant here won't get a defective product replaced quickly, but contacting our customer service team will, I promise!

Please check out this thread:

Friends, if there are issues with an order, defective or broken product, or anything that you need us to do in order to provide excellent customer service, please contact our team for an immediate solution!

• Phone: (866) 965-0400 Ext. 1

We maintain the industry's only 110% Satisfaction Guarantee, and I promise to keep you as a satisfied customer.

Posting a rant on our forum will not get the problem handled immediately, and we would appreciate a direct contact via phone or email so we can solve the problem immediately!

We are humans here at Adam's, and we sell products made by humans, shipped by humans, and those products are then delivered by humans.

(Lot's of opportunities for errors when humans are involved. That said, I promise to correct any problems when ordering from Adam's Polishes.)

Thanks for contacting our helpful Customer Service Team Members with any issues with our products or service.

Sincerely,

Adam Pitale

Founder, Detailer

:2thumbs:

Thanks, and we are working with the mfg of this pad to determine why this happened.

I apologize this product failed, and please contact us with your email and/or order number so we can get you a new setup immediately.

Thanks, Adam:patriot:

sorry adam, i hope you didnt take it as me on a rant. i was just wondering if there was something i did wrong to mess the pad up, but all i used was water to wash it with. im not sure if i still have my order number...but ill take a look around. thanks alot man, i appreciate it!

No sweat Jon, and I'm sorry to jump on your post! Just want to get every opportunity to fix problems quick, and ideally before the weekend so that you can complete detailing asap.

Shoot me your email and I'll use that to look you up in the system. We'll get a replacement pad to you immediately.

Thanks again Jon, and have a great weekend!:thumbsup:

Email en-route to the appropriate people...... Posting pic here for future reference.

I can send a high res pic if needed.

11am Sunday, in the middle of a detail, I lost the orange pad. Chased it down and this is what I saw. The center was HOT! and I mean H O T. Pad itself was fine, just the center of the backing plate was hot. No idea why.

Badpad.jpg

Email en-route to the appropriate people...... Posting pic here for future reference.

11am Sunday, in the middle of a detail, I lost the orange pad. Chased it down and this is what I saw. The center was HOT! and I mean H O T. Pad itself was fine, just the center of the backing plate was hot. No idea why.

Badpad.jpg

All my pads have worked great but what I did find was that when my PC was being used and started to get hot it would transfer a lot of heat in the middle of the pad.

Badpad.jpg

I've experienced the same phenomenon with my orange waffle pads...only mine look a bit worse than that.

I absolutely missed the larger pad!! All is good now as the replacement arrived yesterday.

On a side note, my son bought an '05 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab yesterday..... 34750 miles!! Seems that it hasn't seen wax since new:mad:. So the new pad will get a workout tomorrow and Monday. Water spots and swirls galore:explode:

Will post pics of before and after as soon as he slows down enough to finally sleep:lol:

I absolutely missed the larger pad!! All is good now as the replacement arrived yesterday.

On a side note, my son bought an '05 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab yesterday..... 34750 miles!! Seems that it hasn't seen wax since new:mad:. So the new pad will get a workout tomorrow and Monday. Water spots and swirls galore:explode:

Will post pics of before and after as soon as he slows down enough to finally sleep:lol:

Sounds good. I bought my 97 with 40,000 on it.

This seems to be a lot of cases of pads not being centered on the backing plate. I've made this mistake in the past, had the pad slightly off center and the velcro never fully seats. As soon as you get going an edge will lift and WOOPS!! There goes your pad.

Please make sure you're taking the time to carefully center your pads before beginning a detail and place some pressure squarely in the middle to ensure the pad is fully seated into the velcro. Excessive heat is a sign that the pad is spinning and the velcro isn't fully engaged.

After some testing this is the best way to attached the backing plate on the 2nd Gen pads.

<FONT color=black><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comP><P><FONT color=black><FONT face=Verdana>1st tip in the backing plate edge on the black inner

CIMG1719.jpg<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

2<SUP>nd</SUP> bring down the rest of the plate so the backing plate is fully in the black “L” lip like the picture:

CIMG1720.jpg<o:p></o:p>

Lastly press down on the PC head like the picture shows to ensure the backing plate hooks latch on the loops on the fabric:

CIMG1721.jpg<o:p></o:p>

I tried numerous methods to mount the backing plate and this method was the most sucessful and done with one hand!:pc: