Customer Service 866.965.0400

Foam Applicators

GPDAN

Question

So I was wondering whats the deal on foam applicator pads. I know the americana comes with one and obviously it won't scratch the paint since it was released. Do you guys recommend them? See any problems with them? Any particular brand you guys use if you do recommend them?

Thanks in advance...

15 answers to this question

I just use the generic yellow ones you can buy at any autoparts store, but they're only used when I'm applying a sealant like Optiseal just b/c its too runny to apply with MF.

Stick with MF applicators for your polish and liquid wax routine IMO... safer and better means of application.

i was just wondering for buttery wax applications and revive

Stick with MF for both IMO... no need to change over to foam. The MF applicators are super safe to use on the paint, absorbs less product into the core and gives your paint more padding than the cheap yellow foam apps.

The only resason the foam app for the APW is so useful is the shape, how it fits into the jar, and ergonomically fits your hand better.

If/when the other foam 'mushroom' applicators are made available for the polishes I think they'll definitely be worth a try, but until then I say keep using your MF ones.

And saturate one side of the MF applicator with Detail Spray before putting the BW on it. It will help the wax spread nice and thin and keep it from soaking into the MF applicator and wasting product :rockon:

I like using Adams microfiber applicators.

Question:

Can they be washed and reused or do you pitch it when you are done using it?

If you are meaning the mf pads. All you need to do is put some all-purpose cleaner on them then was then with the water hose and ring out. Or throw them in the washer with soap and let them air dry then

I like using Adams microfiber applicators.

Question:

Can they be washed and reused or do you pitch it when you are done using it?

Absolutely, I wash mine with my MF towels, no need to treat them any different :hi::hi::hi:

With the MF applicators, first I spray with APC and agitate, then hose with cold water and wring them out. Depending on how soiled they were I'd then throw them in the wash bucket with cold water and woolite (put the grit guard on top of the pads to keep them submerged) and let them soak for a while....they come out looking like new :thumbsup: