Customer Service 866.965.0400

Post up your INTERIOR details!

Rich

Question

Everyone keeps posting up pics of their exterior details.

Let's make this thread about the interior detail work we all do..........or am I the only one who details the interior?

First thing I do to detail the interior is to vaccuum everything, including taking out all of the floor mats and getting in under the seats, the seats, the air conditioning vents and even the roof (hair, etc gets up there too) and don't forget the sun visors. Next is the windows. Gotta get them nice and clean and shiney with the Adam's glass cleaner and glass cloth. Both of my vehicles have leather seats, so everything gets a good cleaning with the Leather Cleaner (gotta love that new car smell) and then two coats of Leather Conditioner. I always do two coats because I just think it works better and looks better with two coats. I even do the steering wheel, shift boot, door panels, console and dash with these two products.

I put the product onto the micro first, rather than onto the surface. Everything else I just hit with VRT on a micro and wipe down, except for the AC vents. Those I spray the VRT onto a q tip and wipe each vent slot.

I'm always happy with the results, and get lots of compliments. :2thumbs:

000_0051.jpg

000_0049.jpg

000_0072.jpg

• Answers 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I like the contrasting colors Rich, you and AJ know how to dress up the interior while still maintaining good taste.

I wrote myself a to-do list for when I do the vette before the first show, here's the interior part

Vacuum carpets, visors, behind/under/between seats.

Clean dashboard, steering wheel, vents, gauge cluster, console, pedals, speaker grilles, buttons, e-brake handle

Leather Conditioner on dash, door panels, shifter knob and boot, steering wheel

Glass Cleaner on interior glass and mirrors

Metal Polish on seatbelt buckles

Leather Conditioner on seats

this is the only interior picture I have online at the moment, it's a year old and a few things are different. I'll take loads of new pics once I get her re-adamized for 09...weather has been uncooperative for the past few weeks

Picture%201667.jpg

Wow those look great!

Rich did your car come with the two tone interior like that or is that all custom? Sorry I'm not up on the Vette options too much, but it looks great.

Nope. Car came with the red and black interior. I just added a couple little touches. And yes, I drive it. It has almost 26,000 miles on her.

Thanks for all the compliments gang, but am I the ONLY ONE who details their interior? Where are more pics??

I may try to give it a shot this afternoon, but my interior is in pretty rough shape right now. I have a ton of tools in my car as well a gauge bezel and some trim pieces I am going to make molds of. The interior needs an over hauling.

:iagree:

And so does yours Rich!!! :rockon:

Most of it is. The only major cosmetic parts of the interior that are still original (as far as I know anyway) are the seatbelts, dash pad, and top of the dashboard.

Over the first winter me and my dad gutted the whole thing, unfortunately I don't have any digital photos of the restoration (used throwaway cameras). We replaced the seats, carpets, door panels, speaker grills, dash trim, steering wheel, console door, the plastic side panels on the console, shifter knob and boot, all weatherstrip and window felts. We found over $6 in loose change interspersed throughout the car...still in a paper cup in the garage.

Edited by GerryC