Customer Service 866.965.0400

Denim on leather

Brent44

Question

I detailed a client's car today and before she left she asked me about a faint blue stain from her jeans in the leather. To tell the truth I did not notice it as I was working in a garage. Anyway, I told her to come back sometime this week and I'd do my best to take it out. I thought of trying rubbing alcohol, any other ideas?

11 answers to this question

I detailed a client's car today and before she left she asked me about a faint blue stain from her jeans in the leather. To tell the truth I did not notice it as I was working in a garage. Anyway, I told her to come back sometime this week and I'd do my best to take it out. I thought of trying rubbing alcohol, any other ideas?

Adams leather and interior cleaner to start

I'll order some,but it takes so long to ship, I seriously doubt I will get it before she comes back.

If that is the case i would start with some woolite(i am thinking this is what people have said to use) if it need more use the rubbing achol. But make sure to do the whole seat so there is not one clean spot on the whole seat.

Go to the drug store and get Isopropyl alcohol. Put some on a cotton ball and dab at it , then rub. Follow up with a good leather conditioner when you're done if you don't have any Adam's (which is the best).

Another vote for Leather & Interior cleaner!!

My wifes light gray leather seats are always streaked with blue from her dark jeans... Adams interior cleaner takes it off no problem every time.

But if shipping is the issue, start mild and work you way up... start with woolite and water as suggested, if that doesn't work do alcohol and water... DO NOT do straight alcohol... it'll dry out the leather excessively.

If that is the case i would start with some woolite(i am thinking this is what people have said to use) if it need more use the rubbing achol. But make sure to do the whole seat so there is not one clean spot on the whole seat.

Go to the drug store and get Isopropyl alcohol. Put some on a cotton ball and dab at it , then rub. Follow up with a good leather conditioner when you're done if you don't have any Adam's (which is the best).

Another vote for Leather & Interior cleaner!!

My wifes light gray leather seats are always streaked with blue from her dark jeans... Adams interior cleaner takes it off no problem every time.

But if shipping is the issue, start mild and work you way up... start with woolite and water as suggested, if that doesn't work do alcohol and water... DO NOT do straight alcohol... it'll dry out the leather excessively.

Thanks guys, I'll try these. I have Meguair's leather cleaner, but it's total crap. I fell like I'm just lubing up the seats. I may order this tonight. Money's tight because I just bought new wheels and tires.

Try the Leather & Interior Cleaner first, which more than likely will take care of the dye transfer. Woolite is out of the question because it contains UV brightening agents that can, in the long term, cause colorfastness issues with leather and other surfaces. Alcohol will dry the surface, and since were talking about a leather seat that sees enough abuse as it is, that's not the best fit either. There are products available made expressly for removing dye transfers on leather, which would be the safest and most effective thing to use if the Leather & Interior Cleaner doesn't take care of the problem.

I have a similar situation in my Cadillac with beige leather seats. I have tried several leather cleaners and other methods to not much help . But seems like when I do finally get it clean enough that I can tolerate the stain I wear the offending BLUE shirt again and have to start all over with my cleaning process again .