Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hey!

rb11701

Just got onto this site and wanted to say hi. Everyone seems real nice and CS seems outstanding. What's better than that?

Me? I live in RI and have all my life. I drive a 2009 Silver Tacoma 4x4. My wife has a 2003 Silver Acura TL. Before that I had a 1997 Black Tacoma 4x4.

Been detailing my own vechicles for as long as I remeber. Always done by hand. Back then, time was not an issue. An 8 hour day detailing the truck was no biggie as I was single with no children. Now, being married and having a 20mo old makes my spare time a luxury these days. Taking care of 2 cars in such a small window if time is very hard.

This is why I have decided to get a DA. I went with the DA over the rotary because (a) I have no experience on a RO and (B) the paints are in good shape and unless I decide I want to make some cash on this hobby, I felt the DA was more of what I needed to achieve what I was looking for. I ended up ordering the new PC 7424XP. I was interested in the g110. However, the XP seemed on par with the G110 (if not a tad bit more powerful) and for $108, alot cheaper than the g110. The Flex is great looking, but was just out of what I was looking to spend for the total package.

I am going to pair the XP with the Gen2 pads. I actually ordered the detailing kit that has the PC in it only with no PC of course. Got an extra of the orange and white pads and the car wash pad. With the 15% fathers day coupon, it was like getting the 2 extra pads almost free. Good deal, thanks Adam!

Read tons of threads here already, and have watched a good number of videos as well. So, I think I have a good idea on how to approach the DA. But, I love to ask questions and it seems you guys love to answer quetions so I am sure we will run into each other on the site.

Thanks again ahead of time to everyone. Good to be here.

Thanks everyone. I am sure I will have questions. Especially since I will be cutting my teeth on the DA shortly.

BTW, anyone have any experience with the new PC?

What do you want to know? It's supposed to be more ergonomically designed and it has a max of 6800 OPM's (as compared to 6000 OPM's with the regular PC). They are basically the same machine, although if you read the hype at a lot of forums, you'll think that it is the second coming of sliced bread. I definitely wouldn't go out and buy one if I had a regular PC. I think you'll be disappointed if you do.

The PC was definitely the right choice for you and I know you'll be more than pleased with it. Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

What do you want to know? It's supposed to be more ergonomically designed and it has a max of 6800 OPM's (as compared to 6000 OPM's with the regular PC). They are basically the same machine, although if you read the hype at a lot of forums, you'll think that it is the second coming of sliced bread. I definitely wouldn't go out and buy one if I had a regular PC. I think you'll be disappointed if you do.

The PC was definitely the right choice for you and I know you'll be more than pleased with it. Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

Thanks for the input. I agree with your take on the new PC. It didn't seem THAT much different. But, not having one made the choice very easy. I think I will enjoy using it. Although the Megiuar's G110 DA seemed like a nice unit. The PC XP has a tad more power and about $30-$40 less of a price tag. The G110 always seemed to come in bundles with the Megiuars stuff. Not that I don't like Megiuar's, have used thier stuff for years. Finally made the dive into a machine and outside of the results I have seen from Adam's products, the simplicity of the Gen2 System with the SR/FMP/MSW really got me looking into Adam's stuff. Glad I did.

At other places, I saw 3 diiffernt pads for cut, 3 for polish, 3 for finish. Way too many colors, and being a home garage warrior I like simple things that get the job done easy and correctly.

Hey, thanks for 'hello's' everyone. Appreciate the warmth.