Customer Service 866.965.0400

Quick question about PC

fiveoh

Question

Just got my pc in the mail. There was some kind of washer that came with it. Do I need to put this on? I have been using it without that and it seems to wobble an awful lot but this is my first time with a pc so maybe its supposed to do that. :)

22 answers to this question

One more question I just looked in the bottom of my box and found the metal crescent(half circle) that says use with 6 inch pads only. Am I supposed to take the one that came with the PC off that says use with 5 inch pads only and put the 6 inch one on?

One more question I just looked in the bottom of my box and found the metal crescent(half circle) that says use with 6 inch pads only. Am I supposed to take the one that came with the PC off that says use with 5 inch pads only and put the 6 inch one on?

The one that came on it is fine because the backing plate is 5 inches so you are good to go.

Hmmm the kit says "Adam's Dual-Action Velcro Backing Plate, 5-7/8" so I guess I should use the 6" one since thats closer? Thanks for the help all this stuff is new to me.

i used the one that is on the polishees.

Now I am confused. I have 1 washer that came with the PC. I also have a washer that came on the backing plate with the Gen2 system. So do I only use the one that came w/ the PC? As of right now I have both on but as I just got the pads, have yet to use them so I am not sure if it will effect the operation.

Thanks

Now I am confused. I have 1 washer that came with the PC. I also have a washer that came on the backing plate with the Gen2 system. So do I only use the one that came w/ the PC? As of right now I have both on but as I just got the pads, have yet to use them so I am not sure if it will effect the operation.

Thanks

It's ok to use both:thumbsup:

Let's clear this up:

The washer that came with the PC is absolutely necessary to use. It goes on the shaft of the backing plate to give space between the plate and the polisher. The black plastic washer that comes on the backing plate itself should also be used. If you are using both then you are good :thumbsup:

The counter-weight that is already installed on the PC is the 5" counter-weight. If you are using Adam's 2nd Generation Pads then the 5" weight is the one to use.

Edited by GerryC

So, we have the washer thing cleared up BUT...

You say to use the counter-weight that came on the PC. I have the new XP model and it came with the 5" counter-weight. However, I just received my Gen2 pads and it came with a 6" counter-weight.

So which is which? 6" for Gen2 seeing the backing plate 5-7/8 (IIRC).

Also, what counter-weight is needed for the 4" pads? 5" weight?

Thanks for clearing this up.

So, we have the washer thing cleared up BUT...

You say to use the counter-weight that came on the PC. I have the new XP model and it came with the 5" counter-weight. However, I just received my Gen2 pads and it came with a 6" counter-weight.

So which is which? 6" for Gen2 seeing the backing plate 5-7/8 (IIRC).

Also, what counter-weight is needed for the 4" pads? 5" weight?

Thanks for clearing this up.

Lets see if i am hearing this right you got a counter weight with your pads.

So did I. The 6" counter weight came in the box with the polishes and pads. Thats why I thought I needed to use it.

Are you sure the 6" counter-weight didn't come in the box with the Porter-Cable instead? That would be odd if it came directly from Adam's with the Gen2 pads...especially since we've always been told to use the 5" weight:

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SDC3oYRaG8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

fast forward to 1:48

Correct. I have the 5" that was in the PC. I also have a 6" that was a bonus inthe XP box AND a 6" that came w/ the gen2 pad system.

Now, I am new to this,but I think this is a new backing plate. The Gen1 system had the clicky-type-thing (from what I see in the vid's). Perhaps the Gen1 need the 5" and the Gen2 needs the 6".

The backing plates come with the pc, not shipped with the pads. And the 4" pads are for use with your drill.

If you mean the backing plate for the Gen2, it came with the kit. The XP kit I got is just the PC + white foam pad + extra 6" weight. That's it.

The Gen2 pad sytem I received came with the backing plate as well as a 6" weight.

The 4" kit came with a adapter for the drill as well as a screw for the PC and a hook and loop backing pad. This backing pad is what I am wondering which weight to use.

Agreed... the difference in switching from the 5" to the 6" wouldnt really be noticable. If you need to experience it first hand it only takes a second to swap them out... swap em and see if it feels more or less comfortable. Performance wise it won't make a difference, the only possible benefit would be a reduction in vibration on your hands.