Customer Service 866.965.0400

WOW! I used the leather conditioner.

G8V8

Question

One thing to keep in mind when using the leather conditioner is that if your seats are new or haven't been conditioned in a while, you may need to apply several coats to really see the results. If they're really dry, you'll find that your seats may appear streaked after one coat. My new Impala really sucked up the first coat and the second coat. The third coat made the seats all look new again. Same with the Vette. It usually takes two coats to get the result I'm after.

But the seats all look great!

Crazy obsessive mad scientist type detailer checking in here --

for seats that have gone a long time without conditioning I prefer to use an almost excessive amount of product and massage it in HARD by hand, as in with my bare hands kinda like a massage for your leather. Afterall it is just skin when you think about it!! I really rub it in there and apply a lot of pressure. Once the surface is entirely treated I wipe off the excess with a cotton terry towel, wait a bit then apply a normal coat with a foam applicator. The excess pressure, product and massaging soften the leather and allow the product to be worked deep into the surface... also makes your hands soft :D

Great review! You don't realize how much dirt and grime you have on your interior panels until your really give them a good cleaning.

I never new also. I never clean my dash just wipe off with the duster and put something on it. This was my towel after i got done with the plastic on the inside of my truck.

97Interior.jpg

I never new also. I never clean my dash just wipe off with the duster and put something on it. This was my towel after i got done with the plastic on the inside of my truck.

97Interior.jpg

Thats dirty Jesse:willy:

What is the best way to condition perforated leather? I noticed that after using the leather conditioner that some of the holes did not get the conditioner into them. Do I just need to use more and push harder?

What is the best way to condition perforated leather? I noticed that after using the leather conditioner that some of the holes did not get the conditioner into them. Do I just need to use more and push harder?

I cant help you with this one. Nobody in my family owns leather.

Try my 'by hand' method... trust me... sounds weird, but it really works... just completed a detail today and conditioned some really nasty leather like this. Made it super soft and pliable again.

Where are the pics

Apply more coats:2thumbs:

I had to use 3/4 of a bottle just to get all of the holes in the front seats. I gave up before starting the rear ones. There's got to be a better way.

Try my 'by hand' method... trust me... sounds weird, but it really works... just completed a detail today and conditioned some really nasty leather like this. Made it super soft and pliable again.

I tried using my hand, red pad that comes with the conditioner and a MF pad and it took for ever to get the front seats to about 95%.

Is there a way to water down the conditioner to make it easier to get in these stupid little holes?

Other then the holes the seats look great and the conditioner did a great job on the doors.

Crazy obsessive mad scientist type detailer checking in here --

for seats that have gone a long time without conditioning I prefer to use an almost excessive amount of product and massage it in HARD by hand, as in with my bare hands kinda like a massage for your leather. Afterall it is just skin when you think about it!! I really rub it in there and apply a lot of pressure. Once the surface is entirely treated I wipe off the excess with a cotton terry towel, wait a bit then apply a normal coat with a foam applicator. The excess pressure, product and massaging soften the leather and allow the product to be worked deep into the surface... also makes your hands soft :D

On my next order I will be getting the cleaner and conditioner. The seats in the Z are very dry. They haven't started splitting, but are wrinkled some. I will take some before and after pics.

I had to use 3/4 of a bottle just to get all of the holes in the front seats. I gave up before starting the rear ones. There's got to be a better way.

I tried using my hand, red pad that comes with the conditioner and a MF pad and it took for ever to get the front seats to about 95%.

Is there a way to water down the conditioner to make it easier to get in these stupid little holes?

Other then the holes the seats look great and the conditioner did a great job on the doors.

Nice to have you back Charles, haven't seen you around in a while!!:burnout:

Sorry for bringing back an old post from the dead. I was just being a good little newbie and reading through existing post instead of starting a new one. Other forums I read will almost :banned: you for not using search or trying to find the answer on your own. AF seems to welcome the newbies and mulitple people will answer a question, even if it has been answered in the past.

Sorry for bringing back an old post from the dead. I was just being a good little newbie and reading through existing post instead of starting a new one. Other forums I read will almost :banned: you for not using search or trying to find the answer on your own. AF seems to welcome the newbies and mulitple people will answer a question, even if it has been answered in the past.

It's all good :2thumbs:

I just never miss a chance to have a little fun with Chris :rockon:

I wouldn't want people to think I am slipping in my old age :jester:

Yes Jeff, that is your softball for the day :lol:

That is cool,there are no expiration dates.:lol: Everyone is on a different learning curve! Feel free to dig up any old thread, and ask away!:cheers: