Customer Service 866.965.0400

How long to wait for Powder Coat?

Cyclone

Question

I have a question that I don't think has been asked yet...

Long story short, my rims got messed up having tires installed. They are being fixed, and will have a fresh coat of clear powder coat on them.

How long should I want before I use the GWC or other chemicals on them?

20 answers to this question

:iagree: I'm with the guys, powdercoating gets cooked on, you should be good immediately. Sorry to hear you had injury on the tire install! That's a bummer.:(

I just put a set of wheels on my Excursion, and they look great. Noticed, however, there was a nick in the powdercoat when I washed them last. That tire mount/dismount equip is mean stuff!

:iagree: I'm with the guys, powdercoating gets cooked on, you should be good immediately. Sorry to hear you had injury on the tire install! That's a bummer.:(

I just put a set of wheels on my Excursion, and they look great. Noticed, however, there was a nick in the powdercoat when I washed them last. That tire mount/dismount equip is mean stuff!

The truck looks great Adam, but you need to get some Harley style headlights or some other black headlights on there! Those clear chrome lights stand out like a sore thumb!

The truck looks great Adam, but you need to get some Harley style headlights or some other black headlights on there! Those clear chrome lights stand out like a sore thumb!

Whats wrong with sticking out :jester:

While we're spending Adam's money Recon makes some great looking smoked mirror lenses. I have some on my truck.

Adam looks like your tires need some VRT! :2thumbs:

Hey Ty,

I'm guessing you had them done locally? I am thinking of having my Frontier wheels done. Please shoot me a PM and let me know who did them for you.

Thanks, Mike.

Adam looks like your tires need some VRT! :2thumbs:

Hey Donny, funny, I don't put dressing on the tires of the Excursion! Just looks out of place.

I'm usually anti-tire-shine anyway, but on my truck, I like the tires to look new.

Incidentally, I got the tires the day this photo was taken, so they have now been cleaned with Green Wheel Cleaner, and are more 'black.':2thumbs:

WHAT? Something that Adam makes and won't use on his own vehicle? HOLY CRAP!

Chris

waiting for the mat shine VRT to be released.

:lol: You are a classic! Hahaha, well, I have a different feeling about truck tires. Ever see a big truck with big, shiny tires? That looks terrible.:loser:

In Colorado trucks are for dirt, and I mountain bike a few times a week. Most of the time, I park in dirt parking lots, or drive a few miles on dirt roads to get to the trails.

While our VRT is good about not collecting dust, I just think a truck used regularly in the dirt doesn't need dressing on the tires.

Call me crazy!!:D

I agree 100% but I DO like to give you $hit, and I was the same way but my truck is now a garage queen so it gets VRT. What a weird experience putting in on my 40 series 19" tires on my G8 all the time and then putting it on a 16" 265 70 series truck tire... LOTS more rubber there... lol

I would love to see a VERY low luster product for my interior though... hint hint... VRT is GREAT but tends to make my plastic look... well... like plastic... lol

Chris

Chris, I tried my leather conditioner on my dash in the G8 and I really like it. That dash with the texture and the higher SPF rating made me do it. It looks pretty nice to me, but of course we all have different tastes. Let me know if you are thinking of making Carlisle at the end of August and maybe we can hook up, depending on what route you take.

I get a kick out of seeing you bust Adam's chops. I'm not clever enough.

Tom

I agree 100% but I DO like to give you $hit, and I was the same way but my truck is now a garage queen so it gets VRT. What a weird experience putting in on my 40 series 19" tires on my G8 all the time and then putting it on a 16" 265 70 series truck tire... LOTS more rubber there... lol

I would love to see a VERY low luster product for my interior though... hint hint... VRT is GREAT but tends to make my plastic look... well... like plastic... lol

Chris

I would love to see a product with ZERO shine for the interior. I like the 100% factory look.

I would love to see a product with ZERO shine for the interior. I like the 100% factory look.

I use the Leather & Interior Conditioner on the interior, (never VRT in the inside of a vehicle, way too shiny!)

The L&I Conditioner can have a zero shine if you take a clean waffle MF towel, and give it a quick wipe after you apply. My interior shines like my tires: ZERO!

-Adam:thumbsup:

My interior shines like my tires: ZERO!

-Adam:thumbsup:

Wow...

Adam himself, the "man who provides the shine" is bragging about not shining now?:confused:

That's ok with me... It just means more product for US :lol: