Customer Service 866.965.0400

Serious PC Problem

MMMMRice

Question

Yesterday I put a coat of smw on my stepdads truck and it worked fine. I noticed he had very bad water spots on his back window so I grabbed an orange pad and the shr and started to buff. I spread it on and it worked fine, then I increased the speed to work it in and within seconds it made a horrible noise and shot the pad and backing plate off of the pc. Now i have a second backing plate with stripped threads and put a gouge about 1 1/2 inches long in his back window. What can I do to prevent this from happening?

12 answers to this question

Friends, if there are issues with an order, defective or broken product, or anything that you need us to do in order to provide excellent customer service, please contact our team for an immediate solution!

• Phone: (866) 965-0400 Ext. 1

We maintain the industry's only 110% Satisfaction Guarantee, and I promise to keep you as a satisfied customer.

Starting a New Thread on our forum will not get the problem handled

immediately, and we would appreciate a direct contact via phone or email so we can solve the problem immediately!

We are humans here at Adam's, and we sell products made by humans, shipped by humans, and those products are then delivered by humans.

(Lot's of opportunities for errors when humans are involved. That said, I promise to correct any problems when ordering from Adam's Polishes.)

Thanks for contacting our helpful Customer Service Team Members with any issues with our products or service.

Sincerely,

Adam Pitale

Founder, Detailer

:2thumbs:

<!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________

Adam@AdamsPolishes.com

flag_usahome.gif

Yesterday I put a coat of smw on my stepdads truck and it worked fine. I noticed he had very bad water spots on his back window so I grabbed an orange pad and the shr and started to buff. I spread it on and it worked fine, then I increased the speed to work it in and within seconds it made a horrible noise and shot the pad and backing plate off of the pc. Now i have a second backing plate with stripped threads and put a gouge about 1 1/2 inches long in his back window. What can I do to prevent this from happening?

Hi Tom, did you take the polisher off the glass and let it rip at 5K+ OPM's??? that's what it sounds like, by your testimony here.

Also, the backing plate, was the washer there, and was it tightened with the wrench included with the PC?

At any rate, let us know if the PC came off the glass, and started to spin, as that is the kind of thing that can cause damage.

Another thing: Using a dual action polisher on an edge, like a rotary buffer, will cause the polisher to die, along with the pads and adapter!

Let me know, and thanks! -Adam:)

I didnt lift the pc from the glass. It made the odd noise and before I had a chance to turn it off it bucked sending the pad/plate across the garage and me back onto the glass with just the pc.

I dont go around any bends with it after I shot a couple pads off lol. Now I get all of the big areas with my pc and the small ones with a drill and the 4"ers

Did you have the washer installed and the backing plate fully engaged before starting??

I've literally got thousands of hours logged with a PC detailing more vehicles than I care to count and I've never had anything even remotely close to this happen.

Yep, Ive had about 50 hours on it when it happened the first time and about 30 minutes the second lol.

One time I'd say maybe it was a defect, but to have it happen twice there is clearly something you are doing different than everyone else that is causing this issue, otherwise no one would ever use a PC.

So the washer was in place, the backing plate was tightened using the PC wrench... were you allowing the pad to freespin at any point??

You are not alone buddy. I had this happen about a month ago. It shot out like a rocket. Pad went flying, back plate came off, screw and washer came out, threads were stripped, scared the hell out of me. Was doing the back lid of the mustang pushing pretty hard, no damage, no foul, no complaints. I was able to rethread the screw on very slowly to sort of tap new threads. I had not tightened down the screw with the wrench in a while, so who knows. Keep up the good work Adam you your crew are still number one with me.

It's odd that this type of thing isn't happening more often. With all the people who use a PC on here, there are only one or two who have problems. I would think if it was a product defect then there would be a lot more.

Not saying it isn't a defect, because not everything is perfect. But it's unusual for sure.

You are not alone buddy. I had this happen about a month ago. It shot out like a rocket. Pad went flying, back plate came off, screw and washer came out, threads were stripped, scared the hell out of me. Was doing the back lid of the mustang pushing pretty hard, no damage, no foul, no complaints. I was able to rethread the screw on very slowly to sort of tap new threads. I had not tightened down the screw with the wrench in a while, so who knows. Keep up the good work Adam you your crew are still number one with me.

Theres the problem right there, all the vibrations the PC creates will loosen your backing plate eventually. That's why I always remove and re install my backing plate to make sure its good and tight.:cheers:

Maybe its because I used 2 washers. Someone at adams said to but it always seemed like overkill and a slight lack of threads but you guys are the pros. From now on Im just going to use one washer. Thanks again adam and junkman; both of these guys pmed me to help solve the problem.