Customer Service 866.965.0400

Waterless car wash as clay lube - Do or Dont?

Eyeball Kid

Question

15 answers to this question

I have used "other" waterless wash products as a clay lube in the past... I don't think there is any harm in it. The only problem I experienced is that it was almost too good of a lubricant... didn't seem to allow the clay to contact the paint enough to do its job.

No harm in trying, worst case it doesn't let the clay work so you go back to using detail spray.

I agree with Dylan about it being too much lubricant for the clay to stick. I actually tried it with the sample I had received and the clay didn't work as well as it did with the detail spray. So assuming that the sample I used is the same product on the market, then I'd say use the detail spray. :thumbsup:

Yes. What do you think a waterless car wash solution is?

Well the Adam's stuff is a spray on and wipe off solution and not concentrated. The other one I have you mix to different dilutions for it to be a QD, Clay lube, & No rinse wash solution.

Well the Adam's stuff is a spray on and wipe off solution and not concentrated. The other one I have you mix to different dilutions for it to be a QD, Clay lube, & No rinse wash solution.

Waterless washes are a very highly concentrated polymer solution - that's why they're waterless :)

Yes. What do you think a waterless car wash solution is?

ONR is a no-rinse car wash. I didn't see anything to spray and wipe. Mix it up for a no rinse wash , but I still have to soak my mitt in it and 'wash' the car. And then wipe off.

What looked god about Adam's stuff, to me at least, was that I could spray it on and wipe it off. I am sure I could do the same with this as ONR. But that isn't the reason I bought Adam's. I like it as a spray'n'wipe kinda deal. Many times after it has rained I like to go over the truck. DS does a good job but, like Adam said, builds up. I think the combo of DS and WCW is perfect to maintain a DD.

I know, I was just stating the I think a product like Adam's WCW is better than ONR. I have been debating ONR for a while now. As I had posted, ONR did not seem like a spray and wipe. Adam's does.

I would think that Adam's way of a WCW is better. To me, the rinse is the easiest thing to do. I could care less if I have to rinse. Everything else is the same with ONR as a traditional wash.

It does save water, which I believe in. However, I am very tight with my water. THe more I use,the more I pay. Which means less car products to buy! lol.

I wasn't throwing stones by any means... I was just pointing out my opnion. Sorry if it maybe came across different.