Customer Service 866.965.0400

Why did you guys buy your Vettes?

IMADreamer

This is a stupid question I know, and please don't think I'm trying to be smart about this because I'm not. I asked a guy this question once in person and I think he took offense like I thought Vettes sucked. I do not, I love them, but I don't think I'd ever buy one.

Anyway, I've always wondered how come it's kind of a dream car to so many people? For example my uncle has always wanted one and I know it seems like it's a dream for so many. For the price of a Vette there are a lot of cool cars, but the Vette seems to be the choice of so many. Is it purely a bang for your buck thing or is there more to it?

Ok I'm just curious, and I know there are ALOT of Vettes here so I thought I'd asked why you guys decided to go with one over whatever else is out there.

They just have an allure that other cars don't - it's like an American exoticar. Sure, it's not like they're produced in limited quantities like Ferrari's are, but they are seen infrequently enough in everyday traffic to really stand out.

2 years ago I looked at late C3's (80-82) and mid C4's (87-91), and finally found two with no indication of body damage. Both were dark red 88's, but one had black interior. I went with the rarer color combo, even though it did need some mechanical and aesthetic fixing up, which made for a fun winter project

Maybe I'll get a C5 when I finish school next year :xfingers:

For me it's alot of reasons. I love the history behind the car, it's AMERICA'S sports car. Also, there is not another car in the world that can do what a Vette does for the money, but it also does it without sacrificing quality high strength, low weight materials like Aluminun, Magnesium, titanium, Carbon Fiber, Balsa Wood, etc. found in the Z06's and ZR1's, which have one of the best power to weight ratios of any production car in the world. You can dog them till your blue in the face and they keep on tickin', I'd like to see some Ferrari's, Lambo's, etc. hold up to what I've put my Vettes through, and not have to worry about a huge repair bill. Corvette also took top honors in the sports car class beating out Porsche as the highest quality, and best sports car. Not bad company! There V8's are velvet smooth and bite with the best of them! I also love the fact that I can still row through the gears myself with a manual and none of this manumatic crap for lazy men, and being able take all the driver's aids off for a totally wicked seat of your pants ride. It doesn't hurt that they look good either. I've got Corvette fever and I LOVE it!!

There are alot more reasons, but I don't think there is enough time in the day for me to get it all in. lol

I have always been a Mustang/Saleen guy at heart and was never really found of Corvettes until the C5 came out. The C5 Z06 styling was always good looking to me and I decided to test drive a Z06 when I was looking at selling my Dinan S2 E39 BMW. I was giddy like a kid in a candy store after I drove the Z06, the car does everything well and parts/insurance costs are very reasonable compared to other cars in its class.

Go drive one and let me know your thoughts.

I have always been a Mustang/Saleen guy at heart and was never really found of Corvettes until the C5 came out. The C5 Z06 styling was always good looking to me and I decided to test drive a Z06 when I was looking at selling my Dinan S2 E39 BMW. I was giddy like a kid in a candy store after I drove the Z06, the car does everything well and parts/insurance costs are very reasonable compared to other cars in its class.

Go drive one and let me know your thoughts.

As someone who used to have a Dinan S2 335i in the driveway those are big words. lol I have no doubt the Vette lives up to them though.

For me it's alot of reasons. I love the history behind the car, it's AMERICA'S sports car. Also, there is not another car in the world that can do what a Vette does for the money, but it also does it without sacrificing quality high strength, low weight materials like Aluminun, Magnesium, titanium, Carbon Fiber, Balsa Wood, etc. found in the Z06's and ZR1's, which have one of the best power to weight ratios of any production car in the world. You can dog them till your blue in the face and they keep on tickin', I'd like to see some Ferrari's, Lambo's, etc. hold up to what I've put my Vettes through, and not have to worry about a huge repair bill. Corvette also took top honors in the sports car class beating out Porsche as the highest quality, and best sports car. Not bad company! There V8's are velvet smooth and bite with the best of them! I also love the fact that I can still row through the gears myself with a manual and none of this manumatic crap for lazy men, and being able take all the driver's aids off for a totally wicked seat of your pants ride. It doesn't hurt that they look good either. I've got Corvette fever and I LOVE it!!

There are alot more reasons, but I don't think there is enough time in the day for me to get it all in. lol

I think you might have sold me on one. lol Honestly I don't know if I'd ever buy one, but I do admire them. Maybe some day the C6 Zo6 will be in a reasonable price range and I could snatch one of those up.

My dad had a 62 and had to get rid of it when he got drafted. Many years later we built and sold a 49 olds and wanted another car. My dad wanted another Corvette, I found one that he liked and bought it. So basically my dad got me into Vettes. I love how there are millions of different mods you can do to make it your own at a reasonable price, the performance you get out of them and best of all, the looks you get.;););)

My dad always had a vette while I was growing up, so I've loved them since literally before I could pedal a tricycle. I also love the fact that they're American, that they're easy to work on, that they turn heads and almost always create smiles/compliments/easy conversation whenever you take them out. I love seeing 7 year old kids smash their faces against minivan glass when you pass them on the highway. I love the easy torque of the big V8 and the amazing highway gas mileage (27-28mpg) when I take it on a trip. I could go on and on, too, but in a nutshell there's just nothing else like them out there. :thumbsup:

Rich

It is the only car made that is actually somewhat light with a powerful motor. It excels at everything and you have to spend double or more to match them. You get tons of performance in a very comfortable and usable car that could be easily daily driven.

Beyond that, I have always just loved how vette's look.

A corvette is an American Sports Car Icon. I had an 81 which was the slowest, worst mechanical vette there ever was, but I loved it. I have a 630 horsepower mustang in the garage right now, and it would probably eat most vettes if I put slicks on it. But I still am looking for another vette. A vette is a sports car, the mustang is a muscle car. Two different animals. A vette is smooth, refined etc. The mustang is by the seat of your pants, hold on tight. Both cars are great, my next vette will be an auto and a convertible. ( old man syndrome ) 68-73 or 05 to present.

A vette is a sports car, the mustang is a muscle car. Two different animals. A vette is smooth, refined etc. The mustang is by the seat of your pants, hold on tight.

I disagree a lil bit here...

You haven't rode in our 76 Big Block, have you??? :lolsmack::lolsmack:

It is a muscle car that will set you back in the seat so hard you think you got whiplash and you'd better be prepared for the initial launch. :D

The ride is not smooth at all. You feel every bump in the road and you can feel the motor running. I love the vibration beneath my A$$ :burnout:

That is all. :hi::hi:

No never rode in a 76 big block. Ever go 100 mph drop it into third spin the tires so hard the car goes side ways, up shift to fourth gear look at the speedo and it was pinned at 145 mph. And I will never do it again. I am too old for that stuff. And I do like all big block vettes the sound is out of this world!!!!!

No, but I hit 2nd instead of 4th once at the top of 3rd WOT and went sideways. :eek: Nearly crapped my pants when it happened. I no longer shift to the even gears with my hand on the passenger side of the shifter...

I got one cause my Silverado needed an inspection sticker :lolsmack:

I really should stay out of the showroom when they are doing that :help:

I've bought 3 cars while just getting oil changes :willy::willy::willy::willy:

The C3's (68 - 82's) made me want one, as a teenager. Specifically the earlier ones with the big blocks. Funny thing is that I didn't get my first one until I was in my forties and it ended up being a very used C4 (84) model with 160,000 miles. That was 7 years ago and I'm now on my third one (a 2002 model).

I've joined Corvettes Anonymous because I know I have a problem!:glasses:

With any luck, I'll never be without one again. For me, it really has nothing to do with speed or admiration of others.............I just love to drive these cars.

Dennis

A corvette is an American Sports Car Icon. I had an 81 which was the slowest, worst mechanical vette there ever was, but I loved it. I have a 630 horsepower mustang in the garage right now, and it would probably eat most vettes if I put slicks on it. But I still am looking for another vette. A vette is a sports car, the mustang is a muscle car. Two different animals. A vette is smooth, refined etc. The mustang is by the seat of your pants, hold on tight. Both cars are great, my next vette will be an auto and a convertible. ( old man syndrome ) 68-73 or 05 to present.

:lol: Those is fighting words (Mustang is a muscle car):help: do you remember what the 81 Mustang looked like? :lolsmack:

Now you got Teresa's attention...watch out:burnout:

When I was 15 I saw a young man in a 57 Vette and vowed I would some day own one. In 1964 got out of USAF and bought a 61 Corvette. Later got married. Sold the Vette. Got divorced bought a 66 Vette ( wanna talk muscle......valve spring broke and put valve into piston. Rebuilt the 427 c i / 435 h p engine with all L88 stuff, two 4 barrel carbs, electric fuel pump and suspension mods, special clutch, cheater slicks, etc. Result 515 h p .

And this was in late 60's. What a ride !! ).

Got remarried. Sold the Vette. Spent 30 years raising 4 great kids. Got divorced. Bought 1991 Vette, then 1994, 2001 and present 2005 C-6.

Also have 1500 diecast Corvettes and will turn 100,000 miles on the C-6 next month.

You want to know why I like Vettes? Go look at one, touch it (no finger prints), sit in it, drive it. Then wipe the big smile off your face and tell me why you like it !! :banana::banana:

:lol: Those is fighting words (Mustang is a muscle car):help: do you remember what the 81 Mustang looked like? :lolsmack:

Now you got Teresa's attention...watch out:burnout:

No idea about the 81 mustang, But like I said I had an 81 vet and it was a clunker from day one. But I still loved it.:D

If you guys that are telling me to go drive one are offering a test drive in yours I'll take up your offer. :) I'll be gentle I promise.

I have tuned a couple C5 Zo6s but that's all business and driving on a dyno isn't exactly fun.