Customer Service 866.965.0400

Gotta get a tripod....

GXPaycheck

....and a better camera.

Thunderstorm passed by tonight with some impressive cloud to cloud lightning. Somehow it always new to flash when I wasn't ready. Got a couple pieces of it, though!

Added a couple of shots for Adam as well:D

IMG_2808.jpg

IMG_2804.jpg

IMG_2817.jpg

IMG_2813.jpg

IMG_2821.jpg

IMG_2829.jpg

IMG_2835.jpg

IMG_2840.jpg

Edited by GXPaycheck

Those pics are cool... For shots like that a tripod is a must, and if your camera is a good digital SLR see if you can get a wireless remote for it -- that way you can release the shutter without touching - and bumping -- the camera at all. If you can't get a remote, use the self-timer. That way you can hit the shutter button, step away, and by the time the pic snaps any vibration or movement will be gone. :cheers:

Don't skimp on the tripod... go with a manfrotto... they're not cheap but worth every penny... don't know what I'd do without mine. With a tripod and a remote you could leave the shutter open for much longer on those shots and get some REALLY amazing pictures of that lightning.

Using a Canon A95. Couldnt find anything to set the camera on that gave me a good angle, so I just held it in my lap. Lightning didn't bother me. The sore butt from sitting on the pavement was the problem! This getting old stuff sucks. I don't recommend it.