Customer Service 866.965.0400

Two Buttery Wax Questions

GordoSH-3

Question

1. The recommendation seems to be that two thin coats of BW is better than one thicker coat; how soon after the first coat is wiped off can you apply the second coat?

2. Can I use BW with a machine polisher like the Porter-Cable? If yes, any tips for best results would be appreciated.

9 answers to this question

1. The recommendation seems to be that two thin coats of BW is better than one thicker coat; how soon after the first coat is wiped off can you apply the second coat?

2. Can I use BW with a machine polisher like the Porter-Cable? If yes, any tips for best results would be appreciated.

I'm not sure if there's a recommended number of coats with Buttery Wax. I guess it's just a personal preference. I prefer one coat, personally.

You can def use the PC with the Buttery Wax. The only difference is that Buttery Wax was made to be easily applied by hand. If anything, the PC will just make the application even easier.

I typically wait 15-20 minutes between coats... usually enough time to apply VRT to the wheels or clean the glass. You are correct in stating 2 thin coats is better than one thick coat... in all honesty with pretty much all detailing products the "less is more" philosophy applies.

As for PC application, yes you can, though I usually advise against it just b/c its so easy to apply by hand and by using the PC you will definitely use substantially more product (the pad soaks up a lot of product that will never get redistributed to the finish) so its really an issue of diminishing returns... sure you can apply with the PC, but there isn't much benefit and it typically won't be any faster.

I put two coats of Adams Buttery wax on my car.

I waited approx. 24Hrs only because I chose to do it that way.

I apply thin coats and let it dry to the touch.

It wipes down so easily and with the plush microfiber towel there is absolutely "NO DUST".

It's a great product.

Take your finish to the next step and apply Adams Brilliant Spray Glaze over the Buttery wax finish.

You will not be disappointed.

I put two coats of Adams Buttery wax on my car.

I waited approx. 24Hrs only because I chose to do it that way.

I apply thin coats and let it dry to the touch.

It wipes down so easily and with the plush microfiber towel there is absolutely "NO DUST".

It's a great product.

Take your finish to the next step and apply Adams Brilliant Spray Glaze over the Buttery wax finish.

You will not be disappointed.

:iagree::iagree: This is what I did with the Sable. Mainly because it sits outside.