Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hello From Eastern Washington

EMT06GT

Hello all,

I've been a user of Adam's products for the last 2 years but new to this forum so I wanted to join the community and see who is out there.

I enjoy using Adam's products and had a great chat on the phone with the man himself when I was ordering my PC about a year and a half ago. The customer service is 100% when it comes to the company.

I wanted to post a few pics. One of my previous 06 Mustang V6, and a few of my newest project = I finally upgraded to a 06 GT and I love it! However, the paint needs some attention. I believe the previous owner did a good job keeping the car clean and straight but I think that might have meant several trips to the automatic car wash!

I am excited to start the process again with this one. There are a few spots on the car that I don't think I will be able to remedy fully (i.e. no splash guards were installed with the previous owner so I'll let you figure out the rest, plus there is some curb rash!!) Unfortunately there are scratches in the windshield but I can live with that. But, I will give them a whirl with Adam's products and at least do the best I can do with them. I am in no way a professional detailer but I've been cleaning my own rides since I was 16.

I look forward to hearing from you all and I'm sure I will be contacting Junkman for advice! I watched his videos and gained even more insight when it comes to using the PC.

Thanks,

-Jason

Thank you all for your greetings!

Yesterday was the "detail" day for the GT. Friday I spent some time sprucing up the interior and did an engine cleaning so those components look good.

I spent approx 10 hours at the fire station (I'm a volunteer, one of the member perks is getting to use the station to clean your car) I washed, clayed, SHR, FMP, and SMW + Buttery Wax in some "hands only" areas.

I used some RP on the wheels since they are clear coated. Now all I have to do is put the splash guards on.

I will admit that my efforts took out about 95% of the swirl marks on the car - especially on the hood. There are still some blemishes that I believe can only be taken out by a heavier cut compound or wet sanding followed by rotary buffing- something that I am not willing to play with on this car. The next thing I need to do is try and cut down on the water spots in the glass (I'm looking at a few products on the internet, since Adam's does not make a specific product for this)

Here are a few pics - one of the hood after I was done with it and one of the whole car before and after a long day of polishing!

:pc:

I've got this awesome trick for getting rid of water spots from windows. When your buffing your hood you turn your buffer off. Then, being very careful not to splatter, place the PC on your windshield and go to town (after claying of course). It will take off hard and nasty waterspots like nothing else. I don't have time to get out the vinegar and waste my time and get almost none of them off. Especially with that hard water so often found in Eastern WA.

The car looks great!

BTW if you have a curb rashed wheel I actually have one perfect wheel that came off my car when I had my wheels replaced (short story-another car pushed me into the curb doing 40 mph). I'm around Grant County semi often so if you're interested send me a PM.

Hello and thanks for the advice. I found a product for the glass that I'm going to try and I will advise of the results.

My wheels are in good shape - when I meant curb rash that referred to the underside of the front bumper - I guess I should have said curb scrape! I think that will have to be sanded and re-shot to make it perfect again but then again who will really see it anyway?

Hello and thanks for the advice. I found a product for the glass that I'm going to try and I will advise of the results.

My wheels are in good shape - when I meant curb rash that referred to the underside of the front bumper - I guess I should have said curb scrape! I think that will have to be sanded and re-shot to make it perfect again but then again who will really see it anyway?

Oh I see. Mine isn't super smooth either. :willy:

Really though only abrasives or acids will take off really hard water spots. I don't reccomend acid washing though. It usually only takes a couple of passes with an orange pad/SHR.

Archived