Customer Service 866.965.0400

I'm gonna "Revive" my Vette

DCRANER

Question

O/k, when I got my Vette this year I; clayed, FMP, SMW, and Americana. It looked nice but I want a deeper finish. And it'a garage kept, so not much wear / weather on it.

The only Adam's product I don't have is Revive Polish, so I'm gonna try this. Also going to buy the new hand applicator for Revive.

Do I have to strip the car or just wash and do Revive by hand, then Americana again? Suggestions?

I don't have any swirl marks..........well, none that C6Bill can see from Mass. :jester::lolsmack:

7 answers to this question

O/k, when I got my Vette this year I; clayed, FMP, SMW, and Americana. It looked nice but I want a deeper finish. And it'a garage kept, so not much wear / weather on it.

The only Adam's product I don't have is Revive Polish, so I'm gonna try this. Also going to buy the new hand applicator for Revive.

Do I have to strip the car or just wash and do Revive by hand, then Americana again? Suggestions?

I don't have any swirl marks..........well, none that C6Bill can see from Mass. :jester::lolsmack:

Bill see's all :lol:

I don't think that the Revive will out do the FMP, I would go over the car with BSG! That will give it the extra pop!:2thumbs:

I like your willingness to experiment... Revive sometimes does unique things on certain colors that FMP won't do so I say go for it. Revive is a cleaner polish so it will break down the Americana somewhat, in order to keep from clogging up the applicator I'd do as was suggested and strip wash the car with dawn. It probably won't need clay, and I'd avoid it if its not needed... claying can occasionally introduce micro-marring so you'd be back to having to machine polish to correct defects.

Just strip wash, go straight into the Revive, then attack it with the Americana and you should be good to go. Get some up close before and afters and be sure to share any findings with us.

I like your willingness to experiment... Revive sometimes does unique things on certain colors that FMP won't do so I say go for it. Revive is a cleaner polish so it will break down the Americana somewhat, in order to keep from clogging up the applicator I'd do as was suggested and strip wash the car with dawn. It probably won't need clay, and I'd avoid it if its not needed... claying can occasionally introduce micro-marring so you'd be back to having to machine polish to correct defects.

Just strip wash, go straight into the Revive, then attack it with the Americana and you should be good to go. Get some up close before and afters and be sure to share any findings with us.

O/K, thanks. Is there a reason Revive is by hand and not the PC / soft pad? Is there a specific hand method for Revive; light rubbing with the blue pad, be more aggressive, rub til gone, etc.? And, should I do MSW before Americana? My Vette color is Cyber Gray Metallic.

When I do mine, I use the Swirl and Haze Remover AND the Revive at the same time, with a ration of 2/1. And when you are totally done and have waxed your car with either the Americana or the Buttery Wax, then be sure to top it off with the Brilliant Spray Glaze. That's what adds that "wet" look that we all want.

:cheers:

Archived