Customer Service 866.965.0400

A bit frustrated

jpu471

Question

I spent a lot of hours yesterday on my car wash. Clay, polish, etc. you all know the drill. Today a fine layer of dust so I tried the waterless wash. I used a MF cloth and low and behold a zillion scratches. These are new cloths washed only a few times. I have been through all the different ways of washing, Woolite no Woolite, warm water, cold water, liquid detergent, a powder given to me by Adams folks, why do I have scratches. Is there an official way of cleaning these towels so they don't scratch or leave fibers? The videos show everything except how to care for the towels. As of today there are still current posts about this subject. I am ranting but I think everyone of us who has gone through the complete process then shoots themselves in the foot when using a non scratch item knows the frustration. For some reason my icons are not working but if they were it would be the HELP one.

• Answers 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fascinating, the young man is walking his dog up the street as I am just touching the paint, not working on the car mind you, and out of nowhere not even stopping says "its just a car" and keeps on walking. I am a very light hearted person who has been a mental health professional for 37 years mostly in Forensics and am known for my kindness,even with very hardcore people. My stating that taking care of a car can be an example of pride of ownership is hardly a sharp comeback and while still walking away the person makes a "grave"comment that can hardly be appropriate to the situation. I do not know about his father nor why the comment was initially made but it was not delivered in a joking manner nor am I his father. My comment is not to put that person down but to question the need to share ones unhappiness with another in the manor he chose. I shared it here not to comment on his intentions but to share what might be a common experience that any of us might deal with in our polishing pleasure.

That is unfair for you to say that about his though. You dont' know his intentions, he could have had a dad who cared more about his car than him and hates cars and is only hoping you are not putting the car over more important tings in your life.

He said something (possibly light hearted), you got defensive, and you said something sharp back, and he did the same but you can't automatically say he was trying to make you feel bad.

Gee, sounds like you were the one who was there. Were you ?

You know beyond the comment about "its only car",which is also an investment given today's economy, is the fact that a total stranger would try and make someone else feel bad. In my profession we know this as a sociopathic personality trait. I am letting this bother me way to much. I think I'll take a whiff of DS

That is unfair for you to say that about his though. You dont' know his intentions, he could have had a dad who cared more about his car than him and hates cars and is only hoping you are not putting the car over more important tings in your life.

He said something (possibly light hearted), you got defensive, and you said something sharp back, and he did the same but you can't automatically say he was trying to make you feel bad.

...a young man walked by and told me "man its only a car" I replied that it is also pride of ownership to which he told me I wasn't taking to my grave. There sure are some sour people in this world.

I agree. While no one will take their car to the grave, they will take their character. And I'd hope that when my friends and family are gathered for my funeral they can say things like "he cared", and not "he didn't give a sh1t about anything".

You know beyond the comment about "its only car",which is also an investment given today's economy, is the fact that a total stranger would try and make someone else feel bad. In my profession we know this as a sociopathic personality trait. I am letting this bother me way to much. I think I'll take a whiff of DS

On a funnier side I am now known in the neighborhood as "that guy who washes the cars". On a darker side, while I was looking at the paint this AM a young man walked by and told me "man its only a car" I replied that it is also pride of ownership to which he told me I wasn't taking to my grave. There sure are some sour people in this world.

They don't even say anything to me. They just look in awe. :willy:

On a funnier side I am now known in the neighborhood as "that guy who washes the cars". On a darker side, while I was looking at the paint this AM a young man walked by and told me "man its only a car" I replied that it is also pride of ownership to which he told me I wasn't taking to my grave. There sure are some sour people in this world.

:lol: I am the same, though I suspect most AF members are. Though I get more compliments/questions of what I use than "sour" people, but I also could care less what they think, it is not their car or life.

I am also putting a haitus to my WCW use until I see junkman's video as bring "that guy who washes the cars" and then havig a swriled up car sucks. If I am going to be "that guy who spends all the time on his car" I would hope that would make me "that guy with the shiniest car on the block" as well.

Used WCW on a clean car today I have printed a picture of the paint after, although out of focus, sorry, one can see the fine vertical scratches left, I used a clean waffle towel lots of solution and did not scrub the finish yet there they are everywhere I cleaned. Picture.jpg

I agree to try keeping a DD scratch and swirl free it's just not going to happen when setting outside all the time. You can keep it from getting really bad by cleaning it each week w/ soap and water. Adams products keep ur car looking better than other DD out there.:2thumbs:

For me, it is hopeless to try and keep a daily driven car swirl and scratch free. I don't even bother to try. If I can't keep it perfect, I ain't going to bother with it.

Man, I'm glad to hear I'm not alone. Keeping the dark blue TBSS clean was a full time job, especially since it sits at the airport every day. I went and bought a Kansas City white truck (if you have ever seen white in KC, you know it is what the rest of the world calls beige from all the dust there, no offense KC) that already had a nice patina to it. Now the TBSS stays cleaner longer. I realize that isn't an option for everyone though. That's when we have to find our happy spot, maybe not perfect all the time, but nicer than 95% of what is out there.

Bruce

Archived