Customer Service 866.965.0400

A bit frustrated

jpu471

Question

I spent a lot of hours yesterday on my car wash. Clay, polish, etc. you all know the drill. Today a fine layer of dust so I tried the waterless wash. I used a MF cloth and low and behold a zillion scratches. These are new cloths washed only a few times. I have been through all the different ways of washing, Woolite no Woolite, warm water, cold water, liquid detergent, a powder given to me by Adams folks, why do I have scratches. Is there an official way of cleaning these towels so they don't scratch or leave fibers? The videos show everything except how to care for the towels. As of today there are still current posts about this subject. I am ranting but I think everyone of us who has gone through the complete process then shoots themselves in the foot when using a non scratch item knows the frustration. For some reason my icons are not working but if they were it would be the HELP one.

• Answers 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is there always something else? I thought I had it pretty well saturated though. I will try more on another section. Oh I bought what I thought was another drying towel at the last L A clinic, it has a very thin white border, almost frayed like, and it seems a bit rougher in its waffle weave could I have gotten the waterless wash towel by accident? It is white.

Why is there always something else? I thought I had it pretty well saturated though. I will try more on another section. Oh I bought what I thought was another drying towel at the last L A clinic, it has a very thin white border, almost frayed like, and it seems a bit rougher in its waffle weave could I have gotten the waterless wash towel by accident? It is white.

Can you take a pic of towel?

It doesn't matter what MFT u use as long it's a Micro Fiber Towel. Keep using a clean side of ur towel after each wipe on car area.:)

Yeah if you are using one towel to do the whole carthis is bad. if you use the mf blu one not the wcw towel you should use at least six. and remember to start from top down.

Here is the mystery towel. In response to the scratch issue the MF was fresh out of the laundry one swipe a zillion scratches, I later tried a lot of WCW and a different MF and put more scratches into the paint. I am afraid to take the dust off the car. Should the MF be as soft as new after the wash or a little bit dry feeling? Picture147.jpgPicture148.jpgPicture149.jpg

Ken,

Not sure about the scratches, but that could be a WCW towel. The first WCW towel I received was blue, the next one white, and the most recent blue again. The way to really tell is the size - the WCW towels are about 24" long and the Great White Drying towels are 36" or longer.

If I leave the car outside overnight where there is enough temperature change to create dew, that car gets washed. If dust has the opportunity to adhere to the paint (like it does with morning dew or dried rain), that is scratching dust just waiting to happen. Both scenarios mean that I would wash the car.

But again, I'm anal like that. :willy:

Well, this is my daily driver/only car, w/o a garage, so I am stuck on that one :lol:

Would this not be the perfect instance to use WCW. To get rid of the water spots, and there is only a small amount of dust?

Ken,

Wish I could offer some help. I'm not exactly sure what caused this, looks like the right towel, and we're covering the other bases, enough WCW, etc. My best suggestion, once we correct this is to work a small panel and see if we can determine the cause. As always, feel free to contact me if you want to work on it in person.

Bruce

Brand new never used, I know what you mean. Anyother thoughts on the MF. How much soap are people using?

Feel your pain Ken....what kind of dust was on the car? Road dust or dust from the garage?

I don't use any powdered soap on my MF towels and only put in the dryer for a few minutes and keep them in closed container so they don't pick up any dirt.

Hope you get it resolved:)

Unfortunately my garage is my free storage container. I live on a hill and as fast as I clean the car its covered in well just dust as to my MF I really try and keep them washed but for some reason they always feel dry and scratchy when dry. Oh well.

Archived