Customer Service 866.965.0400

Leather Conditioner - Slightly Confused

Sooners

Question

I'm a little confused about the Leather Conditioner and it's intended purpose. From what I've read, it sounds like it is made for and can be used on all interior surfaces (leather, vinyl, plastic, etc). Is this correct? I guess the part I'm having a hard time wrapping a head around is that it's just called Leather Conditioner, which I find a little odd. I'm looking for an interior product that will protect all of the interior, and this seems to be it, but I just wanted to verify with those of you that use it.

I know that there's the leather and interior cleaner, but I don't see a dedicated vinyl interior protectant. It seems like most companies have the leather conditioners and vinyl protectants as separate products. Any idea why this is?

7 answers to this question

The leather conditioner can be used on the interior. The vinyl rubber and tire dressing can be used as well however it will give a shinier appearance. I use the leather conditioner on all interior panels except for clear plastic and LCD screens.The leather conditioner gives a nice clean look that is not too shiny. It protects from sun damage as well. I believe it is SPF rated at 65.

The leather conditioner can be used on the interior. The vinyl rubber and tire dressing can be used as well however it will give a shinier appearance. I use the leather conditioner on all interior panels except for clear plastic and LCD screens.The leather conditioner gives a nice clean look that is not too shiny. It protects from sun damage as well. I believe it is SPF rated at 65.

LC does a great job on all interior paneling. It also has the high SPF rating like Whiterp said. :2thumbs:

Yes it can be used on all interior surfaces.:thumbsup:

66.jpg

spacer.gif

showlarger.gif

SKU:D008

Price: $19.95

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript><!--var VariantMinimumQty_66_74 = 0;var SelectedVariantInventory_66_74 = 999757;function AddToCartForm_66_74_Validator(theForm) { submitonce(theForm); if ((theForm.Quantity.value*1) < 1) { alert("Please specify the quantity you want to add to your cart"); theForm.Quantity.focus(); submitenabled(theForm); return (false); } submitenabled(theForm); return (true); }//--></SCRIPT><FORM id=AddToCartForm_66_74 style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px" name=AddToCartForm_66_74 onsubmit="return validateForm(this) && AddToCartForm_66_74_Validator(this)" action=addtocart.aspx?returnurl=showproduct.aspx%3fProductID%3d66%26SEName%3dadams-leather-conditioner method=post><INPUT id=VariantStyle type=hidden value=0 name=VariantStyle><INPUT id=IsWishList type=hidden value=0 name=IsWishList><INPUT id=IsGiftRegistry type=hidden value=0 name=IsGiftRegistry><INPUT id=UpsellProducts type=hidden name=UpsellProducts> <INPUT id=CartRecID type=hidden value=0 name=CartRecID> <INPUT id=ProductID type=hidden value=66 name=ProductID> <INPUT id=VariantID type=hidden value=74 name=VariantID> <SMALL>Quantity:</SMALL> <INPUT id=Quantity onkeyup="if(typeof(getShipping) == 'function'){getShipping()}" maxLength=4 onchange="if(typeof(getShipping) == 'function'){getShipping()}" size=3 value=1 name=Quantity><INPUT type=hidden value="[req][integer][number][blankalert=Please enter a quantity][invalidalert=Please enter a number for the quantity]" name=Quantity_vldt> <INPUT class=AddToCartButton onclick="document.AddToCartForm_66_74.IsWishList.value='0';document.AddToCartForm_66_74.IsGiftRegistry.value='0';if(validateForm(document.AddToCartForm_66_74) && AddToCartForm_66_74_Validator(document.AddToCartForm_66_74)) {document.AddToCartForm_66_74.submit();}" type=button value="Add to Cart"></FORM>

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>var addthis_pub="scott111";</SCRIPT>lg-share-en.gif<SCRIPT src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/200/addthis_widget.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

Adam's Leather Conditioner

Ah, the smell of rich, supple leather! There's nothing quite like it. Keep it that way with Adam's Leather Conditioner. It's the premium interior treatment.

There's nothing quit like a rich, supple leather interior. These days, it's almost impossible to tell where the real leather ends and the faux leather begins. That's because the modern luxury car interior is a combination of real leather, leatherette (vinyl), textured plastics, and plastic coated wood venires. That means your leather conditioning product really needs to be a leather, vinyl, and plastic trim conditioning product. Adam's Leather Conditioner is formulated for exactly what the modern leather car interior needs.

Adam's Leather Conditioner properly conditions and hydrates all leather, vinyl and textured plastic interior surfaces, leaving them soft and supple. The final look has a "factory finish" appearance that's satin, never slippery or shiny. A hint of fresh leather aroma remains that is pleasing to the senses, but not overpowering. Premium UV blockers protect your leather upholstery and dashboard from the damaging effects of the sun.

I've actually been using the VRT on my dash and other "plastic" panels and then just using the leather conditioner on the leather seats.

I may have to try using it on the dash next time because on the honda I do notice a bit of shininess to the dash after I use the VRT. The Jeep is textured differently I guess because it never seems shiny.

I have not used Adam's Leather Conditioner but can add some comments.

Most cars that most people own have what is called protected or top coated leather and it is usually only in the seating surfaces. The sides and backs are vinyl. The top coated leather has a urethane coating to provide uniform color that protects the leather. The coating is equivalent to a plastic and therefore the coated leather typically just needs what plastic surfaces need -- kept clean and have a protectant for UV and stuff like sweat, etc.

This leather does not need traditional "conditioning" (special oils) like unprotected leather but many companies continue to the use conditioning name due to practice. These conditioners are water based and have various ingredients that add a barrier to the surface (some have something similiar to a wax).

You can quickly tell if you have real leather or not. If water beads on the surface, it is coated leather. If it soaks in, it is natural.

I use the Leather Conditioner on all the surfaces in both my cars that are vinyl or leather. I've found it keeps the leathers softer if I use it on warmer days (or in a heated area) and if I rub it in by hand. One particular place I've noticed that it's been a big asset is on my Vette dash, just above the gauges. There's a real sharp angle to the dash, and it was beginning to dry and show signs that it might soon crack. I started rubbing in the leather conditioner about once a month on that spot and the dryness is gone, and the cracking line has disappeared. It's the best I've found and I've tried a lot of different ones over the years. :cheers:

Archived