Customer Service 866.965.0400

Junkman's "Proper Use of Waterless Wash" Videos

Junkman2008

Question

Okay boys and girls, The Junkman is back with another video series. This time I cover the proper technique of using a waterless wash product on your paint without damaging the paint. A lot of people experience scratches when using waterless wash products (even detail spray), because they use it at a inappropriate time. Adam's Waterless Wash is an outstanding product and will yield exceptional results when used at a time that it was designed for. However, if you use it at a time when your car should be 2-bucket washed instead, you could end up being your paint's worst enemy. It is not the product that is at fault, it is your technique.

There are 2 types of dirt that will end up on your car: dust and everything else (everything else as in mud, film, a herd of bird droppings, etc...). Waterless Wash is made for dust. Things like finger prints or something else that has just landed on your paint (like that special sauce from a Big Mac :willy:), can also be removed with Waterless Wash. If a major area of the car is covered with anything else, you need to wash it, especially a car covered with a dirt film (which is what you find covering the car after driving it in the rain). A caked on spot of something like bird droppings can be removed using Waterless Wash but you have to soak the spot real good and make sure that the substance is fully diluted enough to remove. Rubbing on it too soon will do nothing but scratch the paint.

Common sense is the key here. I can't list all the situations that Waterless Wash can be used for but after watching these videos, you will have a good idea. With that said, on to the videos!

waterless_videopic.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDevg-0x0jI&feature=plcp&context=C394f598UDOEgsToPDskLqPxGPDDGDd1-nWMhH_tzY]Waterless Wash - Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqdjRwsXoOM&feature=plcp&context=C327dbb2UDOEgsToPDskItriLWwu5vtXuat_ssmXYG]Waterless Wash - Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gVU4C_6wOE&feature=plcp&context=C356edf0UDOEgsToPDskKSMLFRHZn3Bvp6oyFIKca7]Waterless Wash - Part 3 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAZdH0ebKEM&feature=plcp&context=C3c73470UDOEgsToPDskIo_g17okFLH0e6lRmFG-eH]Waterless Wash - Part 4.mpg - YouTube[/ame]

The Junkman :2thumbs:

Edited by Junkman2008

• Answers 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

quick question how and when do you clean the california duster? thanks for the vid great information..

On the package for my California Car Duster it states "The dirtier it gets, the better is works." No cleaning necessary.

what do you recommend for some one like me?this is what i have done in the pass 7 years, i've wash my car 5 times and the only reason i ended up washing it was because i was either at the tracks testing and tuning my car or dead bugs on the front clip.I for one hardly wax it for the simple fact DA MISES only gets about 1500 miles a year and pretty much stays in the garage covered up.i've been very lucky for 7 years by doing it exactly what you have mention above with the California Car Duster and quick detail with detail sprayer.Don't get me wrong i do have some swirl marks but for the most part it's at a minimum.My car has 38,000 mile on it with the original very black paint that is 23 years old

what do you recommend for some one like me?this is what i have done in the pass 7 years, i've wash my car 5 times and the only reason i ended up washing it was because i was either at the tracks testing and tuning my car or dead bugs on the front clip.I for one hardly wax it for the simple fact DA MISES only gets about 1500 miles a year and pretty much stays in the garage covered up.i've been very lucky for 7 years by doing it exactly what you have mention above with the California Car Duster and quick detail with detail sprayer.Don't get me wrong i do have some swirl marks but for the most part it's at a minimum.My car has 38,000 mile on it with the original very black paint that is 23 years old

To be honest, if you have any swirls then you haven't been doing "exactly" what I did in those videos. All that "not touching the car with water" is doing way more damage than you think. If the car is clean enough to do a waterless wash on, washing with water will do less damage.

I suggest you get rid of those swirls as I do in my paint correction videos and then re-evaluate the times when you do a waterless wash. If you were doing a waterless wash at the proper time and were doing it correctly, you would have zero swirls. Remember, scratches are rather instant and can be produced relatively easy. Swirls take a constant repetitive grinding on the paint to create, and that's why they are so hard to remove.

To be honest, if you have any swirls then you haven't been doing "exactly" what I did in those videos. All that "not touching the car with water" is doing way more damage than you think. If the car is clean enough to do a waterless wash on, washing with water will do less damage.

I suggest you get rid of those swirls as I do in my paint correction videos and then re-evaluate the times when you do a waterless wash. If you were doing a waterless wash at the proper time and were doing it correctly, you would have zero swirls. Remember, scratches are rather instant and can be produced relatively easy. Swirls take a constant repetitive grinding on the paint to create, and that's why they are so hard to remove.

The minor swirl marks were their when i purchase the car.

I would say from a scale from 1 through 10 i would give her a 8 and as far as doing the waterless wash i have yet to preform that task...So would it be safe to say go ahead an purchase the PC to remove the remaining swirl mark off,im just not a big fan of the Hand Method,thats one of the reasons wye i only use the Brilliant Spray Glaze and the Detail spray to keep her clean.

Also i didn't hear you say any thing about the California Car Duster as far as preping it for usage.Since day one i would wrap it up with news paper for 24hrs before i use it.

FYI:this is the reason i've scored an 96 in my buick club show at Bowling Green:burnout:i need to address my minor swirl mark issues

Edited by DIAZ 87

The manufacturer of the CA duster explains how to prep the duster for first time use. I would hope that people would read that before using it for the first time.

There's one way to tell exactly what your paint looks like. Check out these two pictures from a earlier video series I did.

slo-cut4.jpg

slo-cut5.jpg

The manufacturer of the CA duster explains how to prep the duster for first time use. I would hope that people would read that before using it for the first time.

There's one way to tell exactly what your paint looks like. Check out these two pictures from a earlier video series I did.

slo-cut4.jpg

slo-cut5.jpg

:iagree:thats how i can tell that i have swirl marks around the truck lib.Any ways thanks for being straight forword with me:2thumbs:Ashley email me some info on the stuff that im going to be buying :pc:with that being said i should be in your neck of the woods for the BUICK GS Nationals at Beach Bend Dragway

Bowling Green KY in May to show of a much cleaner looking car:rockon:<TABLE id=datatable class=tbldata role=main border=0 cellSpacing=0 summary="List of messages" cellPadding=2 width="100%"><TBODY><TR isClicked="false" isSnippet="false" isNew="false"><TD class=fixwidth></TD><TD title="Ashley Wilson <ashley@adamspolishes.com>">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE id=datatable class=tbldata role=main border=0 cellSpacing=0 summary="List of messages" cellPadding=2 width="100%"><TBODY><TR isClicked="false" isSnippet="false" isNew="false"><TD class=fixwidth></TD><TD title="Ashley Wilson <ashley@adamspolishes.com>"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:iagree:thats how i can tell that i have swirl marks around the truck lib.Any ways thanks for being straight forword with me:2thumbs:Ashley email me some info on the stuff that im going to be buying :pc:with that being said i should be in your neck of the woods for the BUICK GS Nationals at Beach Bend Dragway

Bowling Green KY in May to show of a much cleaner looking car:rockon:

Feel free to look me up! :2thumbs:

Make sure you read the instructions on prepping it for use. I didn't cover that in my videos! You are serious about taking care of your ride Terri. I am big time impressed. :2thumbs:

Junkman:

It says to take it out of the wrapper and put in on newspaper for a day to air out. (Which I have already done). It also says to use it just like you said (just let the ends touch the car).

It says the dirtier it gets, the better it works - I love that part.

Junkman:

It says to take it out of the wrapper and put in on newspaper for a day to air out. (Which I have already done). It also says to use it just like you said (just let the ends touch the car).

It says the dirtier it gets, the better it works - I love that part.

thats what i mention in post 41 about wrapping it in newspaper.

Another great garage production as always, i ordere a duster like you so it should come by mail anytime soon, and yes i DID find a dealer here in denmark who sells em, im impressed..hehe...

Thanks for the tips AJ :cheers::2thumbs:

The detailing Gods smiled on you. :)