Customer Service 866.965.0400

Junkman's "Proper Use of Waterless Wash" Videos

Junkman2008

Question

Okay boys and girls, The Junkman is back with another video series. This time I cover the proper technique of using a waterless wash product on your paint without damaging the paint. A lot of people experience scratches when using waterless wash products (even detail spray), because they use it at a inappropriate time. Adam's Waterless Wash is an outstanding product and will yield exceptional results when used at a time that it was designed for. However, if you use it at a time when your car should be 2-bucket washed instead, you could end up being your paint's worst enemy. It is not the product that is at fault, it is your technique.

There are 2 types of dirt that will end up on your car: dust and everything else (everything else as in mud, film, a herd of bird droppings, etc...). Waterless Wash is made for dust. Things like finger prints or something else that has just landed on your paint (like that special sauce from a Big Mac :willy:), can also be removed with Waterless Wash. If a major area of the car is covered with anything else, you need to wash it, especially a car covered with a dirt film (which is what you find covering the car after driving it in the rain). A caked on spot of something like bird droppings can be removed using Waterless Wash but you have to soak the spot real good and make sure that the substance is fully diluted enough to remove. Rubbing on it too soon will do nothing but scratch the paint.

Common sense is the key here. I can't list all the situations that Waterless Wash can be used for but after watching these videos, you will have a good idea. With that said, on to the videos!

waterless_videopic.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDevg-0x0jI&feature=plcp&context=C394f598UDOEgsToPDskLqPxGPDDGDd1-nWMhH_tzY]Waterless Wash - Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqdjRwsXoOM&feature=plcp&context=C327dbb2UDOEgsToPDskItriLWwu5vtXuat_ssmXYG]Waterless Wash - Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gVU4C_6wOE&feature=plcp&context=C356edf0UDOEgsToPDskKSMLFRHZn3Bvp6oyFIKca7]Waterless Wash - Part 3 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAZdH0ebKEM&feature=plcp&context=C3c73470UDOEgsToPDskIo_g17okFLH0e6lRmFG-eH]Waterless Wash - Part 4.mpg - YouTube[/ame]

The Junkman :2thumbs:

Edited by Junkman2008

• Answers 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Junkman! Thank you for these vids! I was just about to throw out my duster but now I have a use for it. I never really ground down on the car but I also didn't use it as lightly as you show in the video. Now I'll be scratch free with it.

I never clean mine and never will. At $26, I'll buy another if I ever need to. I have two so that won't happen for a bunch of years.

Junkman quick question for you i usually use menzerna super intensive polish to remove swirls, how does shr compare to it? after you use shr can you go straight to your wax or must you use the fmp first? thanks alot i just watched about a hour and a half of your videos.. thanks for your time. Bob

Junkman quick question for you i usually use menzerna super intensive polish to remove swirls, how does shr compare to it? after you use shr can you go straight to your wax or must you use the fmp first? thanks alot i just watched about a hour and a half of your videos.. thanks for your time. Bob

I have never used Menzerna products so I can't compare the two. I do know that SHR is very comparable to Zaino PC Fusion or M105. You must follow SHR with FMP because SHR really beats up the clear coat just as the other products do that I mentioned. FMP works like jeweling the finish to a fine shine. Very much like M205 or M82. I can even get FMP type results from M9. FMP is specifically made to do exactly what it does. M9 and M82 are supposed to be somewhat more abrasive so I would choose FMP over those every time.

Edited by Junkman2008

I got lazy and skipped FMP after SHR on my daily. I went straight to MSW. You think ill be alright? I guess the next time i wax, ill just apply FMP, then wax. Or should i redo the whole polishing process of SHR, FMP, MSW?

Thanks!

I got lazy and skipped FMP after SHR on my daily. I went straight to MSW. You think ill be alright? I guess the next time i wax, ill just apply FMP, then wax. Or should i redo the whole polishing process of SHR, FMP, MSW?

Thanks!

That totally depends on two things. Do you want to do it right and how it looks to you. It's your car and if you're happy with the results then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. I might think it looks like crap but I don't own it, drive it or have to see it everyday. Bottom line is, what do you think?

Now if you want to do it correctly, then you'll clay, SHR, FMP and then wax. This is how you achieve the wet look. Anything short of doing it correctly and you won't want to park it next to me.

washpics0.jpg

Hey Junkman...Do bugs even stick to your vette?

Great pic :thumbsup:

Not at all. The wax acts as a boundary between them and the clear coat. One shot with a high pressure hose and they just whisk right off. I also never let them sit on the car more than a day. If you wait long enough, those guts will eat right through the wax. :willy:

That totally depends on two things. Do you want to do it right and how it looks to you. It's your car and if you're happy with the results then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. I might think it looks like crap but I don't own it, drive it or have to see it everyday. Bottom line is, what do you think?

Now if you want to do it correctly, then you'll clay, SHR, FMP and then wax. This is how you achieve the wet look. Anything short of doing it correctly and you won't want to park it next to me.

washpics0.jpg

nice vette now time for some new wheels.....:glasses: