Customer Service 866.965.0400

Race Ramps

JethroBodine

Question

25 answers to this question

how much did that cost ya?

They have prices on there website. I think I was able to find some discount coupons on the web somewhere I cant remember for sure. You may also be able to get them cheaper at an auto supply online. They were pricey but worth it - Very light is what I especially like.

$200 for a set of the 56" ramps. $160 for the roll-ups. (+ shipping)

I put mine on plywood pieces for winter. Cheap cheap. My brother told me that it would help to stop the concrete from drying out the rubber in the tires. I figured it couldn't hurt.

On the other hand, a set of ramps seems like a good idea for my Camaro. I've only had the car for a month and I've already had 2 occasions that I wanted to raise the nose up a bit to do some work and using a jack is a pain.

I use these to keep the tires off the cold concrete during the winter months when the vette is not being driven

Last year it took about 10 minutes to get all wheels onto the ramps because they kept sliding on the slick floor.

This year I put $1.00 non slip draw liners under the ramps.

The vette drove up onto them 1st try

12-21-2009026.jpg

Hey Tom,

How hard was it to put:burnout: together?

It took me about 8 hours, but I didn't read the instructions and had to take it apart two different times, because I had jumped ahead....DUH. If I were to do another, I could probably do it in 6, if I had a couple of buddies there to help it could be done in 4.

I have some home-made 2x10 ramps for my Vette but I'm seriously considering the Rhinos... the 2x10 just take up too much space and are a pain to shlep around -- they always seem to be in the way. Do the Rhinos have tabs or holes on them so that you can hang them on a wall?

I'm not familiar with the Rhino ramps, but the Race Ramps have straps on them so you could hang them from the straps. The small roll-up ramps that the back wheels are on do not have any straps.

Yes your right, the down side is that wood ones are so much heavier. The 56" ramps are only about 12lbs each and the roll-ups are about 5. They also don't slide like wood ones will.

I have some home-made 2x10 ramps for my Vette but I'm seriously considering the Rhinos... the 2x10 just take up too much space and are a pain to shlep around -- they always seem to be in the way. Do the Rhinos have tabs or holes on them so that you can hang them on a wall?

If your inclined enough you can build your own out of 2-10 wood relativly cheap.

Yes your right, the down side is that wood ones are so much heavier. The 56" ramps are only about 12lbs each and the roll-ups are about 5. They also don't slide like wood ones will.

Archived