Customer Service 866.965.0400

How is this possible

jpu471

Question

OK I was going for the perfect paint this morning at least on my hood. I did multiple passes with the orange and shr, I was patient and did I say multiple passes? When I wiped the product there were still multiple scratches etc. I then went to yellow and multiple passes and they were gone. I really believe AJ when he says that the orange should do the trick and I have watched the videos I know his car was worse than mine so why did I need the yellow? Is it purely technique? Oh, the hood now looks great.

14 answers to this question

Depending on the hardness of the paint and the severity of the scratches its occasionally necessary to step up to the more aggressive pad. It happens. There might be spots on your car that would be easily corrected with the orange, and other that might need the yellow.

:iagree:

Depending on the hardness of the paint and the severity of the scratches its occasionally necessary to step up to the more aggressive pad. It happens. There might be spots on your car that would be easily corrected with the orange, and other that might need the yellow.

:iagree: Too it is hard to say without pics. Glad you got them out.:pc:

ive been told that GM has a harder clearcoat then most?

Everyone has different opinions on this and really... no one can say for sure until they get their hands on the SPECIFIC car to be treated.

I've dealt with identical trucks, of identical color, same make, model, and year.... but with VERY different hardness's of clear. One was kept outside in vegas. The heat and sun beating on it daily made the clear hard as a rock. The other was garaged, and subjected to far less heat, or sun here in cali... the clear was relatively soft (at least compared to the vegas truck) then theres the severity of the scratches to contend with.

Hardness can vary and really isn't true of all makes of a particular model... depending on what factory, what year, what color, etc. it really can be very different from one car to the next. So whenever someone says "Brand X clear is hard!" don't take it as the gospel.

Everyone has different opinions on this and really... no one can say for sure until they get their hands on the SPECIFIC car to be treated.

I've dealt with identical trucks, of identical color, same make, model, and year.... but with VERY different hardness's of clear. One was kept outside in vegas. The heat and sun beating on it daily made the clear hard as a rock. The other was garaged, and subjected to far less heat, or sun here in cali... the clear was relatively soft (at least compared to the vegas truck) then theres the severity of the scratches to contend with.

Hardness can vary and really isn't true of all makes of a particular model... depending on what factory, what year, what color, etc. it really can be very different from one car to the next. So whenever someone says "Brand X clear is hard!" don't take it as the gospel.

thanks for that info Dylan....is there anyway to figure this out or is goin to be somethin ill have to figure out on my own by using different methods of correction to see what works for my particular car?

The only way to find out is to get to work... start with what you think will be the LEAST aggressive approach to get the results you want. If after a few passes you're not seeing progress bump things up a notch.

There is no exact science to these things, this is why detailing is equal parts science and art... the skill required aren't always cut and dry.

Archived