Customer Service 866.965.0400

Machine wax on wheels makes for easy cleaning

IMADreamer

Question

I wasn't sure if I should put this here or in the wax section, but anyway I had been using buttery wax on my rims with good results but it needed reapplying often. Sometime in October I decided to take all my rims off clean them up perfectly and then apply some machine super wax to them as a sealant to see how it held up. Well it's now January and my rims could not have been dirtier because of the road salt and winter grime. The temp yesterday was a balmy 34 degrees so I washed my car at one of those car washes where you use the wand to wash your own car.

I did not use anything but the soap at the car wash and nothing ever touched the rims as far as a brush or anything like that. I just sprayed the soap on and then sprayed it off.

This is what the rims looked like after.

rims.jpg

You'll have to excuse the camera date and poor quality, it's permanently stuck on that. lol

Anyway, I was impressed, the dirt practically fell of the rim which is a real testament to the MSW. No other wax I've ever used has done that, I've always had to scrub. So if you aren't using MSW on your rims I highly advise it. :2thumbs:

18 answers to this question

Just the thread I was looking for!

My rims should ship this week and I have one more question on top of those asked.

How long to leave the MSW on the wheels before buffing out? I have no real rush to get them on the car, so time is not really a factor.

Hey all. I just got new Torq-Thrust wheels with Redline Radials for my 68 SS Nova. And was wondering what to do before putting them on.

So, is the process:

1. Clean wheels / * tires

2. Apply DS on MF pad then MSW combined.

3. Let cure for about 20 minutes, buff off.

4. Coat tires with VRT.

4. Wait til next day and buff again with light mist of DS only.

* And, as it's freezing outside, what best to lightly clean the new tires before VRT? GWC diluted and just wipe down with a towel, then VRT?

Thanks.

Looks good.

Any special tips on applying MSW to wheels? I'm assuming this is done by hand, but since it's designed for machine use, is there anything to know when using it by hand?

I did what Bill said, seasoned the applicator with DS then tried to apply a thin coat. I let it cure for probably an hour before removing. I don't know if that was good or bad but I got busy with work and couldn't remove them as quickly as normal. The results were good though. :)

I bought some new wheels for one of my cars recently and was applying MSW to them before they installed them. I had a few people in the waiting room asking me what I was doing (waxing my wheels and inner barrels) quickly followed by why (makes it easier to clean them). Well, apparently not a lot of people in the tire store wax their wheels, but the sales guy thought they looked even better after waxing.

Bruce

Not to change the subject but your web site looks great Bruce !!!!!!!

I bought some new wheels for one of my cars recently and was applying MSW to them before they installed them. I had a few people in the waiting room asking me what I was doing (waxing my wheels and inner barrels) quickly followed by why (makes it easier to clean them). Well, apparently not a lot of people in the tire store wax their wheels, but the sales guy thought they looked even better after waxing.

Bruce

I did mine before winter and was amazed that the dirt came right off. They're just some cheap a$$ tire rack wheels but they cleaned up nice.

MSW for everything rocks!!!

Last coat of MSW was 11/06/09 and it still beads up. For that matter it was the last hand wash as well... UGH...

Chris

Archived