Customer Service 866.965.0400

Worh It or Not?

DP 08 GXP

Question

so as most of you know i landed a job that starts up feb. 1. for the first 2 weeks ill be on a 8-5 schedule and the same schedule for the 4 weeks of training. after that i will be on the 3 12 hour days on 3 days off. when i get into the 3 on 3 off i wont have as much time to do my major detail (wash, clay, SHR, FMP, MSW) because the days i work ill get home and pretty much have to go to bed. the days i have off i will have my son (his mom and i arent together so i get him half the time) and i would never put cleaning and detailing my car in front of spending quality time with him. so my question is....if i was to wait until the last possible weekend i have to do the whole 9 yard detail would it be worth it? i would probably do it at the beginning of march so it still may snow since Ohio's weather is so unpredictable. i want to get my paint as close to perfect as i can get it so if you were in my shoes would you do the detail in march or not?

9 answers to this question

ok I can actually be helpful i think :)

I have a 3 year old son me and his mom aren't together and I have him every day once i get home from work. I wake up at 4 am Monday-Friday and work 6-2:30 or later, I usually get home around 3-3:30. I get my son involved when I clean he loves it when "daddys car is clean" so I still consider it quality time.

If I may ask how old is your kid? could you get them involved in detailing or is that a non option?

EDIT: I also have him every weekend and normally detail if hes down for a nap or watching a movie.

ok I can actually be helpful i think :)

I have a 3 year old son me and his mom aren't together and I have him every day once i get home from work. I wake up at 4 am Monday-Friday and work 6-2:30 or later, I usually get home around 3-3:30. I get my son involved when I clean he loves it when "daddys car is clean" so I still consider it quality time.

If I may ask how old is your kid? could you get them involved in detailing or is that a non option?

he just turned 3....he likes to help and i let him but after a little while he gets bored with it and wants to do something else so i dont think i would be able to get any good amount of work done on it.....i would rather do it on a day he isnt here so i can put all of my attention on the car...i would think as long as i get the paint to where i am happy with it that as long as i continue to do all the stuff ive learned on here to avoid swirls i should be good right?

Personally, I let my FULL detail wait till all the salt and dirt is gone for the year. I'm like you...........hate to do all that work, and then have to start over because I had to drive through more crap. Northern weather is iffy at best in late March/early April. I'd wait.

Archived