Customer Service 866.965.0400

Did Shipping go up?

11chevz71

I am not ranting by any mean. But i was wondering if shipping prices went up for some reason. Today i wanted to take advantage of the 10year saving and i wanted to order a gallon of shampoo and the estimate for shipping was 8 something like every other time. but when i got into pick my prices and shipping between ground service and home delivery the lowest price was 22 dollars:help: the soap was only 25. A couple days ago i want to do this and i check and it only said 11 something for shipping. So this get me wondering did they go up or is there something wrong. Not too far back i order 50 pounds worth of stuff and that only cost me 22 dollars to ship. So did it go up if it did no problem i am just wondering if it did.

I just went out there and threw a gallon of car shampoo into my cart, and clicked on get estimate for shipping, and it said $7.93.

I also placed an order for over $100 worth of product last night, and the shipping was less than $8. Something weird must have been going on. Have you tried checking it again? Maybe log out and log back in and see what it says.

I just went out there and threw a gallon of car shampoo into my cart, and clicked on get estimate for shipping, and it said $7.93.

I also placed an order for over $100 worth of product last night, and the shipping was less than $8. Something weird must have been going on. Have you tried checking it again? Maybe log out and log back in and see what it says.

The estimate says that but to pick what you want when you are checking out it says 22 not 8 like was given in the estimate. I will try again.

I wonder if that's more accurate. Does distance affect the rates, or is a flat rate? I ask since I'm closer to Colorado, so that may be the difference. I will also say that last night when I was logged in and tried to get an estimate, I received a message that there was no address defined which wasn't correct. So, I logged out and back in, and then it worked.

I wonder if that's more accurate. Does distance affect the rates, or is a flat rate? I ask since I'm closer to Colorado, so that may be the difference. I will also say that last night when I was logged in and tried to get an estimate, I received a message that there was no address defined which wasn't correct. So, I logged out and back in, and then it worked.

I only thing that get me is the estimate says 8 something and to pick it says 11 something. hmm maybe i will go for it. When i first i saw the 22 and i went:willy:

Don't panic Jesse. Just wait till tomorrow and like everyone said, give Ashley a call. Explain the situation to her and she'll take care of everything for you, including the discounts. You won't lose out buddy. :2thumbs:

Don't panic Jesse. Just wait till tomorrow and like everyone said, give Ashley a call. Explain the situation to her and she'll take care of everything for you, including the discounts. You won't lose out buddy. :2thumbs:

I know i was just wondering if they did or not. I might not know i might be in the market for some new brake pads. Need to pull them off to tommorw and check them out. will see might still be able to give ashley a call

rates have not changed guys... and for those of you east of colorado your rates should have gone down post move. Are you sure you didn't accidentally have more than the 1 gallon in the cart jesse?? Sometimes if you start an order session, close, then come back the items are not cleared out, so when you continue to shop and add items it just adds it to the original order.

Rates should be less, and less, and less, and. . . . . the more we ship, the better our rates get.

Notice, we charge actual shipping costs, and due to the volume we ship, our rates are excellent! We pass those rates directly on to you, as well.

Thanks, and Jesse, some rural addresses require a few extra bucks. Shouldn't be $22, however.

Call me, call Ashley, and we'll be sure to take care of you!

Thanks!

I did run into what appears to be an error in the shopping cart when calculating shipping on Saturday night. I was ordering the PC polishing kit which has free shipping and adding in a couple other items, some towels and VRT. Shipping came in at about $16 which seemed a little high. Removing the polishing kit caused the shipping to drop down to $7 and change. So it looks like it was charging shipping on an item with free shipping if other items are in the cart. Ended up not being a big deal since the free shipping showed up when only the kit was in the cart. So I just made the purchase with 2 orders.

I did run into what appears to be an error in the shopping cart when calculating shipping on Saturday night. I was ordering the PC polishing kit which has free shipping and adding in a couple other items, some towels and VRT. Shipping came in at about $16 which seemed a little high. Removing the polishing kit caused the shipping to drop down to $7 and change. So it looks like it was charging shipping on an item with free shipping if other items are in the cart. Ended up not being a big deal since the free shipping showed up when only the kit was in the cart. So I just made the purchase with 2 orders.

Welcome to the forum Brad! Not the best way to start out being introduced to Adam's quality products, but at least it got all worked out in the end. I might be wrong, but I think the reason that it couldn't figure out the free shipping on the whole order is because the whole order didn't have the free shipping, and I believe the PC ships directly from the manufacturer. So the order would have shipped seperately anyhow.

Glad to have you join us here on the forum!

:welcomebanner::welcomebanner::welcomebanner:

I was happy with my inexpensive shipping charges from my last $124 order only 8 dollars and that included a gallon as well! Thanks Adam for the cheaper shipping rates!

That's another great thing about Adam's. Many of the other sites that sell detailing products increase shipping costs as the dollar value of the order goes up. I still don't understand that. I can see using weight or figuring actual shipping costs but calculating shipping based on the value of the order seems odd.

Welcome to the forum Brad! Not the best way to start out being introduced to Adam's quality products, but at least it got all worked out in the end. I might be wrong, but I think the reason that it couldn't figure out the free shipping on the whole order is because the whole order didn't have the free shipping, and I believe the PC ships directly from the manufacturer. So the order would have shipped seperately anyhow.

Glad to have you join us here on the forum!

:welcomebanner::welcomebanner::welcomebanner:

That makes a bit of sense. It wasn't really a problem for me once I saw what was going on. Just wanted to mention it incase anyone else ran into it.

Thanks for the welcome. I've been reading the forums for a bit to learn what I'm doing. I'm sure I'm going to have a few questions once it arrives. I already bought the interior kit about 2 weeks ago. Wanted to get the seats conditioned in my new Boxster S before they spent too much time in the AZ sun. So I had a gentler intro to Adam's than jumping in feet first with the PC.

I think Adam's shipping rates are awesome compared to other stuff I ordered this past Christmas.Some companies offer you cheaper prices but then rape you on shipping.Adam seems to hook us up with the best of both worlds.:2thumbs:

I agree. A competitors site charged me over 20 dollars to send a 7 pound package from Florida to Wisconsin, while I have never paid much over ten dollars for an order no matter how big. The competitors also took forever to ship.

Archived