Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail Spray

Team Adam's

Question

Adams_MAY08-standard-Disc-PCCP.gif

Detail Spray

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-45-detail-spray-16oz.aspx

45.jpg

Adam’s Detail Spray is the cornerstone of our product line and is the most versatile component in any detail kit. This “Best of Show” winner is a favorite at car shows. Use as a waterless car wash, a clay bar lubricant, or to enhance the depth and clarity of paint, chrome, plastic, aluminum, and glass. Specially formulated lubricants gently remove dirt, smudges, and grime, leaving surfaces with a smooth, ultra-high gloss finish. Use in the sun or shade, and in hot or cool temperatures.

I'm down to my last gallon and a half, I'll be ordering some more soon :thumbsup:

I really need to stop giving this stuff away :willy:

I had a screw in my tire today so I went to the dealer to have it patched up right and when I got there they had just finished spraying down the vettes on the showroom floor. Lat time I was there I actually cleaned them up and left them a full bottle and a clean microfiber. That Cyber Gray looks amazing with a little detail spray on it :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I noticed that it can be used on Fiberglass/gelcoat. I assumed that it was silicon free! That's great news as I will be using it on the boat.

Can I ask you what the dark brown substance at the bottom of the container is when it sits? It literally looks like engine oil. I got a new Gallon which had probably 2 tablespoons in the bottom where as the other had very little. Jason sent me a new one NQA and the new one looks to have NO "oil" in it. Shaking up the "oily" ones doesn't seem to make it go away. Not worried about it too much.

Just wondering what it could be and if it's OK to use.

I think it's just natural separation like with the metal polishes, only not as extreme. Shaking the bottle does make it go away. I tend to shake up my gallon of Detail Spray once a week so the brown stuff doesn't stick together too long. I'd love to order the 5-gallon Detail Spray that's on the website but I think shaking that would prove perilous lol

Your Detail Spray is still perfectly safe to use. That is residual of the chemical our mixers use to clean the drums before they are filled with our products.

Now of course if you get to using the Detail Spray and you feel it isn't living up to it's name and repuatation, let us know and we'll take care of you right away! :thumbsup:

I think it's hit or miss. I have two that do, one more than the other and one that doesn't. ??? One of them has a ton of it in there. I thought it was engine oil or something. Whatever! It WORKS GREAT! :2thumbs:

Your Detail Spray is still perfectly safe to use. That is residual of the chemical our mixers use to clean the drums before they are filled with our products.

Now of course if you get to using the Detail Spray and you feel it isn't living up to it's name and repuatation, let us know and we'll take care of you right away! :thumbsup:

So, would it be better to not shake it up before use or would it not make a difference? I always just thought it was natural separation like with some of the other products so I always shook my DS until the brown stuff dissolved before using it.

So, would it be better to not shake it up before use or would it not make a difference? I always just thought it was natural separation like with some of the other products so I always shook my DS until the brown stuff dissolved before using it.

No it's fine - shake away. If you see streaking let me know!

Shaken or stirred? Sorry I had to do that.

:lolsmack:

The only issue I have with Adams Detail Spray is that it freezes when sprayed onto a 4ºF car. WTF? Why does it freeze? :jester:lol

:lol: We must really make slop!! Man, if we were good, we'd add some alcohol so it would be fine to -25degrees!! (Like Pinnacle Crystal Mist, and then we could sell it for $80/ gallon!!:eek:) No plans to do that, j/k.

At any rate, the stuff you see at the bottom of the gallon is mostly non-dissolved coloring. Typically, when the DS changes temperatures a few times, that happens.

Certainly doesn't make it work any different, and is perfectly fine to use.:thumbsup: