Customer Service 866.965.0400

Where do I start

*JimmyJ*

Question

Hey guys,

Yep, I'm new and i have questions. :help: lol

I'm ok at cleaning a car, but can be so much better. Problem is I live in a flat and dont have access to a water hose, so I was looking into the waterless wash product. Which seems will be my best choice for touching up the car quickly.

When I'm have more time, I always do the two bucket washing method then clay the car - (have only done a clay once however on my current car) then a wax.

My problem is, thats where it stops.:help: Car looks shinny but gathers dush very easy and shows up alot as its black :(

I need guidance guys, I've bought a few products from some website, but I get the feeling I'm not applying the products as intending. I've attached a photo of the products I have,

35jgnxg.png

please feel free to let me know if any of the products which iam using are a waste of time, and what i should buy. I have a few light swirls on the car which i want to get out, it would be good if you guys can point me into the right direction. Car is black gold, so I would want to show up gold flakes in it, if possible.

Sorry for going on :cheers:

14 answers to this question

The main thing to determine is how you want to proceed - Hand or Machine.

Given that your access to a good place to detail is limited you might be the prime candidate for a hand polishing kit. For the light scratches and swirls the swirl and haze remover followed with the revive polish is a dynamite combo!! Follow your current wash/clay routine with a pass of each polish, finish off with Buttery Wax or Americana and you'll be on a whole new level. Keeping in mind that getting a car to 100% perfect by hand is almost impossible, you'll be 85-90% there if the car is already in good shape to start with, which it looks like it is.

A couple of kits to think about:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-454-adams-hand-polishing-detail-bag-kit.aspx

or

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-453-adams-premium-bag-kit.aspx

for the dusting issue, I sympathize. Black seems to just be a dust magnet, especially when its freshly cleaned. The waterless wash, I have found thru some experimentation, signifigantly cuts down on the static surface charge on the car. I have begun doing a post detail wipe down of the entire vehicle with waterless to remove polishing/waxing dust as well as dramatically cut the static charge subsequently cutting down on the dust attraction.

Hope that helps get you going in the right direction. I'm sure some of the others will chime in and help out as well.

:thumbsup:

Given that your access to a good place to detail is limited you might be the prime candidate for a hand polishing kit. For the light scratches and swirls the swirl and haze remover followed with the revive polish is a dynamite combo!! Follow your current wash/clay routine with a pass of each polish, finish off with Buttery Wax or Americana and you'll be on a whole new level. Keeping in mind that getting a car to 100% perfect by hand is almost impossible, you'll be 85-90% there if the car is already in good shape to start with, which it looks like it is.

or

for the dusting issue, I sympathize. Black seems to just be a dust magnet, especially when its freshly cleaned. The waterless wash, I have found thru some experimentation, signifigantly cuts down on the static surface charge on the car. I have begun doing a post detail wipe down of the entire vehicle with waterless to remove polishing/waxing dust as well as dramatically cut the static charge subsequently cutting down on the dust attraction.

Hope that helps get you going in the right direction. I'm sure some of the others will chime in and help out as well.

:D

Your first problem is you're using all the wrong products! :jester:

Dylan gave you some real good advice as to what to use. Watch the detailing videos above for the "how to use" advice. And once you get your car all detailed and waxed, top it off with some Brilliant Spray Glaze. That helps with the dust problem, and it adds that extra pop to black.

Welcome to the forum!

:welcomebanner::welcomebanner::welcomebanner:

or

:iagree: With Dylan, also watch the videos Detailing Videos :2thumbs:

I would like to be able to machine polish but also like doing it but hand. At the moment I dont have access to a power source near my car (unless I take it to my brother house), but like the sound of a pc polisher. I think I'll get Adam's Premium Hand-Detail Bag Kit.

What kind of results can I expect to get with this kit. Has anyone got another before and after photos using this kit. Ps hope it can be delivered to the uk, lol.

I agree with the others. Having said that, I don't have experience with most of the products you have, but I would personally ditch that Meguiar's tire gel. It's silicone based, which isn't good for tires, and can cause your tires to turn brown. You should really be using a water-based tire dressing, and Adam's just so happens to carry a great one, VRT. You'll want to give the tires a good scrubbing with some APC to get that old dressing off, so you have a nice clean tire to apply some VRT to. I think Adam discusses in this in the video on cleaning the wheels and tires.

You will love the finish on the tires after using the VRT product. It is easy to apply to the tires, and won't sling off all over your car. It gives a very nice and subtle result - the finishing touch. Makes the tires look great...

Archived