Customer Service 866.965.0400

Leather & Interior Conditioner

fly4food84

Question

I have a new Camaro with leather interior. I am planning to use the leather conditioner as soon as the weather warms up a bit (the car is in storage until then). Is it ok to use the leather conditioner on the vinyl (dashboard, center console, and doors) in the car as well as the leather seats? I'm assuming that I don't need to use the leather cleaner on it before the conditioner.

Is it ok to use the leather conditioner on the vinyl (dashboard, center console, and doors) in the car as well as the leather seats? I'm assuming that I don't need to use the leather cleaner on it before the conditioner.

Yes, the leather conditioner works well on the other interior parts. I had checked with Dylan on it when I bought my 2010 Boxster S and he gave the ok to my question. I'm in AZ and was looking at it for the SPF protection for all of the sun we get here.

I would use the cleaner first though. You want to condition the clean surface. The cleaner is billed as leather and interior. So it's good all around. I'm using it regularly to clean my seats, dash, steering wheel, shifter, etc. and my car looks great.

Thanks for the tip on the leather coat and the leather conditioner.

I am going to use VRT on the tires (not on the rims) and on the black trim pieces on the exterior (like around the windows). I am planning to wash and wax my rims just like the paint on the car. I ordered a nice soft boars hair brush to wash the rims and I'll use APC on them if there is dirt that is too tough for the car wash shampoo to get off. My rims are painted aluminum, btw.

I have a new Camaro with leather interior. I am planning to use the leather conditioner as soon as the weather warms up a bit (the car is in storage until then). Is it ok to use the leather conditioner on the vinyl (dashboard, center console, and doors) in the car as well as the leather seats? I'm assuming that I don't need to use the leather cleaner on it before the conditioner.

VRT on the dash it works great. I have the 2010 SS myself. How do you like the car?

VRT on the dash it works great. I have the 2010 SS myself. How do you like the car?

I love my Camaro (2SS/RS). Perfect mix of beauty and power. I can't wait until the weather warms up so I can drive it. It's been in the garage since I bought it a month ago. I am also anxious to give it a good detail now that I have my Adam's arsenal!

I love my Camaro (2SS/RS). Perfect mix of beauty and power. I can't wait until the wather warms up so I can drive it. It's been in the garege since I bought it a month ago. I am also anxious to give it a good detail now that I have my Adam's arsenal!

Automatic or manual? I was a little disappointed in it in the beginning. I have a 2008 Corvette Z06 and was expecting a little more power from it. I did the chip pull and it seems to have worked. It's a fun car to drive. At least now I can have a sports car with a back seat for the family.

Good luck with your detail and have fun with the SS.

I didn't spring for the SS.. I have the 2LT / RS A6 (I found the 304hp v6 to be plenty adaquate for so. cal driving conditions (i.e. 0-15mph on freeways)), I use the leather conditioner on the leather only, I use a 50/50 VRT mix on the rest of the plastic interior (dash, door panels) but I keep it off the glossy plastic (door trim, dash trim, center console.) My .02 Camaro experience. If you need a extra bottle for a 50/50 mix ask ashley the next time you place a order.

Hope you like your Adam's products as much as I do. I got my gallon of APC today! :mail:

P.S. I'm 2LTRS on camaro5.. I've seen ya around the cosmetic maintenance forums :D

I didn't spring for the SS.. I have the 2LT / RS A6 (I found the 304hp v6 to be plenty adaquate for so. cal driving conditions (i.e. 0-15mph on freeways)), I use the leather conditioner on the leather only, I use a 50/50 VRT mix on the rest of the plastic interior (dash, door panels) but I keep it off the glossy plastic (door trim, dash trim, center console.) My .02 Camaro experience. If you need a extra bottle for a 50/50 mix ask ashley the next time you place a order.

Hope you like your Adam's products as much as I do. I got my gallon of APC today! :mail:

P.S. I'm 2LTRS on camaro5.. I've seen ya around the cosmetic maintenance forums :D

The 2LTRS is a fabulous car, especially if it's your daily driver. It's gorgeous and gets great gas mileage. I am not an SS snob by any means. Each car has its virtues and all of the new Camaros are beautiful.

I got the V8 because mine is only for fair weather weekend driving - strictly a toy. Mostly it's a garage queen. I wanted all the zoom I could get and didn't consider any practical aspects. For me, the V8 was the right choice. We're both happy with our cars and that is what matters.

Archived