Customer Service 866.965.0400

So where on the car do you start?

Marylander

When claying, polishing, waxing etc. I've noticed that I ALWAYS start at the same place on the car: at the top of the hood, right by the driver's door. I've done that on every car I've ever owned. Never really made a conscious decision to do so; I just do. Anyone else have a set starting point?

I usually start on a fender and work towards the door all the way around and finish on the hood... and theres a conscious though to this....

You usually focus the most on your hood right? Thats the part most people focus the most time and attention on and want to be perfect above all else. Probably b/c its a large panel and usually the first one you look at when admiring the finish.

If I do the hood first I tend to get lazy thru the rest of the car, but if I finish there and it isn't perfect I will spend time making it how I want it. It kind of forces me to stay committed to it as it were.... I found that if I started on the hood I'd spend a ton of time and energy on it, get it flawless then run out of steam on the rest of the panels as they just didn't seem as important so I reversed my order.

Maybe I'm slightly nuts, but it keeps me motivated.

I usually start on a fender and work towards the door all the way around and finish on the hood... and theres a conscious though to this....

You usually focus the most on your hood right? Thats the part most people focus the most time and attention on and want to be perfect above all else. Probably b/c its a large panel and usually the first one you look at when admiring the finish.

If I do the hood first I tend to get lazy thru the rest of the car, but if I finish there and it isn't perfect I will spend time making it how I want it. It kind of forces me to stay committed to it as it were.... I found that if I started on the hood I'd spend a ton of time and energy on it, get it flawless then run out of steam on the rest of the panels as they just didn't seem as important so I reversed my order.

Maybe I'm slightly nuts, but it keeps me motivated.

Me likey

I usually start on the upper left of the hood also, then I will do the left front fender, a-pillar left side of the roof, door and or doors depending on what I'm working on, c-pillar, rear quarter, then on around the back work my way back to the front and then I do the right side of the hood and then the front.

But washing is a different story, depending on the weather.

Shine On

Bluezey:pc:

Archived