Customer Service 866.965.0400

Machine SuperWax

Team Adam's

Question

Adams_MAY08-standard-Disc-PCCP.gif

Machine SuperWax

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-139-machine-superwax-16oz.aspx

139.jpg

Fortified with the latest technology of aminos, polymers, and high gloss oils, our Machine Super Wax is by far the shiniest, most durable protection available. Since it is so substantial, it is recommended that this product is only used by machine. Before applying Adam's Machine Super Wax, be sure the surface has been Clayed and/or polished with Adam's Fine Machine Polish. This wax must be removed ONLY with Adam's Super Plush Microfiber Polishing Towel. Low grade Microfiber or cotton is not effective with Super Wax. Guaranteed to outshine the competition 110%.

This wax must be removed ONLY with Adam's Super Plush Microfiber Polishing Towel. Low grade Microfiber or cotton is not effective with Super Wax.

I have the Adam's Super Plush towel, but I was curious why a high quality microfiber is not adequate?

Ha Guys; I bought the Super Wax, and have a suggestion. Change the color. The grey makes it look more like a compound. Also it appears that it doesn't have any wax properties in it. What the hell is this stuff,a sealant? I bought it and I'am afraid to use it on the Buttery Wax. Related, I use the Glaze first and then wax. Glazes usually go under the topper to improve shine, not over as you guys recommend. I'am a solid Adam customer, just would like some clarification. Thanks, Jon P. Nusbaum

I have the Adam's Super Plush towel, but I was curious why a high quality microfiber is not adequate?

Hi Mark, thanks for your question, and here's the reason: The Super Plush Towels pick up double the residue than the less expensive, Chinese towels. That makes the residue more difficult to remove with those towels, and easy to remove with ours.

We want customers to have a great experience with our products. Since the Machine SuperWax is actually a polymer sealant with resins and aminos, which protect for a long time, it's harder then the Buttery Wax to remove.

Problem: The substantial nature of the product makes it difficult to remove with an entry level towel. We tried it, and it took twice the effort!

So, instead of getting, "Hey, this stuff is tough to remove," feedback, we suggested using our Super Plush Towel, and people have had good experiences!

Thanks for asking!:thumbsup:

Ha Guys; I bought the Super Wax, and have a suggestion. Change the color. The grey makes it look more like a compound. Also it appears that it doesn't have any wax properties in it. What the hell is this stuff,a sealant? I bought it and I'am afraid to use it on the Buttery Wax. Related, I use the Glaze first and then wax. Glazes usually go under the topper to improve shine, not over as you guys recommend. I'am a solid Adam customer, just would like some clarification. Thanks, Jon P. Nusbaum

JP! Thanks again for you feedback, as I've not seen a dark-colored compound. Anyway, you are correct, there are really no wax properties to the Machine Super Wax, and a re-name is in the making!

I applied a coat of Machine SuperWax to my black Excursion, which lives outside permanently in the mountains of Colorado. Still beads, and looks great 8 months later. It's the most durable protection we offer.

Time for a re-name, and thanks for the advice my friend!

:2thumbs:

Jon,

Also the color is key. It ties into our Machine theme of having the product color match the pad for ease of customer use.

Orange Pad - Swirl and Haze Remover (changing to orange as we speak)

White Pad - Fine Machine Polish (white in color)

Black Pad - Machine SuperWax (black in color)

Jason; Thanks for the clarification, your color match to pads is really a great idea( even thou I personally don't like the SuperWax in dark grey) You should use this explanation as a positive sales tool. Mention it in your web advertising. Really, it makes since, the way you explain it. Thanks again for imforming this idiot. JP:willy:

My friend, Mr. Nusbaum! You and I have had many conversations over the years, and most of which spanned over an hour. I can say from first hand experience, that you are absolutely NOT an idiot, nor even, 'a little dim' for that matter.

I say this with 100% confidence, and know for a fact that indeed, you are one of the sharper knives in the drawer!

Your friend, Adam:D

I am getting ready to detail my 2008 Black Corvette and my plan is to use the Machine Fine Polish then the Machine Super Wax. How long do I have to wait to apply the Super Wax after I complete the Fine Polish?

i did mine immediately, that way i no the least amount of dust settled on the car and i would do the least amount off damage.

if you wanted to let it sit over night i would wipe it down real good with detail spray to get the dust off.:cheers:

I am putting an order in today. I have a question regarding the waxes offered. My cars have all been done with the S&H Rem/Revive/Buttery procedures and I am very satisfied with the outcome. I need wax (got plenty of S&H/Revive) and am curious if I should get another bottle of Buttery Wax or the Machine Superwax? My intentions are to use one or the other as the final step or upkeep on the finishes.

If you are looking for a true carnauba/polymer wax then it's Buttery Wax for you. Machine SuperWax is formulated to be more on the sealant side of things. MSW has incredible depth and shine while Buttery is easier to work with since you can apply it by hand (which might be better for people looking for easy up keep like you mentioned.)

OK

My understanding is the Machine Super Wax is a super duper sealant? While your Buttery Wax is more of a wax?

When would you choose the Machine Super Wax over the Buttery Wax or the other way around? You really would not want to (or need to) use both would you?

OK

My understanding is the Machine Super Wax is a super duper sealant? While your Buttery Wax is more of a wax?

When would you choose the Machine Super Wax over the Buttery Wax or the other way around? You really would not want to (or need to) use both would you?

Hi David, and thanks for asking. The answer, in my opinion, is simple: If you have the PC, you would use the Machine Super Wax, and not look back.

Benefits of the MSW:

• The resin/ polymer technology is more advanced
  • The shine is deeper
  • The protection lasts longer, 3-6 months, and is more durable in a variety of conditions.

Drawbacks of our Machine SuperWax:

• More difficult to remove
  • Not as easy to use on hot temperatures
  • Tends to fog over after setting up, 24-36 hours after it's removed. (Easily clarified with a Super Plush towel.)

Benefits of Buttery:

• Easier to remove
  • Fool-proof on any finish
  • Nice Carnauba-shine

Drawbacks of Buttery:

• Limited longevity: 1-3 months, depending on where stored.

I use Buttery on things that live in the garage, and get waxed by hand. On anything that I drive often, or that parks outside, the MSW is a better call.

Hope this helps, and thanks again David!:2thumbs:

Hey Adam,

Maybe I am the only one that is getting a little confused on this. Being of Irish/Italian heritage doesn't make my reasoning capabilities any better!

I have not tried any of the new "Machine" products. I still use the S&S/Revive/Buttery with the Gen 1 pads, but was thinking of trying the "Machine" products. Which is going to give a better, deeper shine? And do you still use the Scratch and Swirl prior to the Machine stuff?

You also mentioned that the "Machine Super Sealant" (thought I would throw in a suggestion for the new name) was harder to remove than the Buttery wax. Is that just by trying to remove the MSS by hand with a MF towel, or is it also harder to remove with the PC? Since I try not to do much by hand, I wrap the PC pad with a MF towel and buff away. Is this approach also acceptable with the MSS and by doing this is it still hard to remove?

Is there any benefit to putting down a layer of Buttery Wax and then coming back and putting down a layer of the MSS?

The wife is bugging me to place another order for the Carpet Cleaner (for the house not the cars), so I want to know whether it makes sense to place an order for the new Machine products too?

Thanks

Rich

Adam:

Thanks for the quick reply.

This might be 'new ground' and maybe a challenge. I drive (semi) truck for a living. I just bought a new Kenworth with a custom sleeper. (See my album for pictures). I have always tried to keep my trucks looking nice. As you might imagine this is a big, pun intended, job. In the summer I have to deal with bugs and the winter salt and road chemicals. I use Blue Beacon truck washes most of the times. They use a lot of chemicals in their washes. Mostly what they call 'brightener' for cleaning/washing. Brightener is just a friendly name for acid, yes acid it is something that works for big trucks. I usually always have them add 'hot wax' after the wash, it seems to help with the shine.

On past trucks I have usually used a 'cleaner wax' as many times during the year I can. This might only be 1 or 2 times a year. The major problem I have run into is the front wind faring. This area gets lots and lots of bugs and it might be a couple of weeks between washes. The truck wash will do a desent job of getting bugs off, but there is always some guts,residue,that always gets left behind and ends up leaving stains in the paint. This new truck will be especially bad with the front of the sleeper that is above the cab.

I am looking for the best possible protection,(wax,polish) that is available and hold up. As you might imagine I won't be able to clean, wax, polish every week.

Do you think your Machine SuperWax is the best choice?

There is also a lot of polished aluminum,(wheels and fuel tanks) and stanless on this truck. Polished aluminum is always a challenge to keep looking nice. The truck stops are full of different wheel polishes. I've never found anything that worked that well. I might try your metal polishes.

Thanks.

Nice truck David! Wow, that's beautiful. Do you have any interior photos? I've always wondered what that living quarters looks like.

I would say absolutely that our Machine SuperWax is the product for your truck, which gets the chemical bathing. You are correct about the, "brightener" it's certainly an acid base product, which when used properly is effective.

You will LOVE our Metal Polishes, and we are introducing a little ball soon, which will make your aluminum polishing experience a snap.

Love to see some interior photos, and thanks again for your question here!

Cheers, Adam:patriot:

Hi Mark, thanks for your question, and here's the reason: The Super Plush Towels pick up double the residue than the less expensive, Chinese towels. That makes the residue more difficult to remove with those towels, and easy to remove with ours.

We want customers to have a great experience with our products. Since the Machine SuperWax is actually a polymer sealant with resins and aminos, which protect for a long time, it's harder then the Buttery Wax to remove.

Problem: The substantial nature of the product makes it difficult to remove with an entry level towel. We tried it, and it took twice the effort!

So, instead of getting, "Hey, this stuff is tough to remove," feedback, we suggested using our Super Plush Towel, and people have had good experiences!

Thanks for asking!:thumbsup:

Who knew Machine Super Wax was a sealant and not really a wax?!? :willy:

Sounds like I have another product to add to my next order. From what I've read so far in this post the MSW, followed on the next day by Buttery Wax, may be just the ticket:2thumbs: That will save me from obtaining sealants from non-Adam's type joints.

Nice truck David! Wow, that's beautiful. Do you have any interior photos? I've always wondered what that living quarters looks like.

I would say absolutely that our Machine SuperWax is the product for your truck, which gets the chemical bathing. You are correct about the, "brightener" it's certainly an acid base product, which when used properly is effective.

You will LOVE our Metal Polishes, and we are introducing a little ball soon, which will make your aluminum polishing experience a snap.

Love to see some interior photos, and thanks again for your question here!

Cheers, Adam:patriot:

Adam:

Here is a link to a photo album that I put together for friends and family that shows our tour of the ARI sleeper plant and pictures of the truck and inside of the sleeper.

http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=259784406/a=140619702_140619702/t_=140619702

Thanks,

David

Jesus, Mary and Joseph that's a LARGE sleeper!!! I drive a Kenworth W800 daycab and I know what you mean by "brightners" went from polished aluminum to brushed in 18 months:mad:

Now, on topic:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought sealants by design weren't as deep or have that "wet look" that Carnauba has. There was a trade off between that deep look shine and durability. For years I have been using sealants (Wolfgang) as a base and a carnauba (soverain) as a LSP. Does this mean that I can have "my cake and eat it too" in one product? Say it isn't so!!