Customer Service 866.965.0400

Metal polish & paint

floraneg

Question

I noticed that my wife's rear emblem on her Mercedes is looking like it is rusting (oxidizing). I was wondering if I could use the metal polish on it? The only problem is that it will be almost impossible to get in the angles without getting some on the paint. Does anyone think the polish will harm the paint in any way?

17 answers to this question

:thumbsup:

What model and year is it ?

The one on the front I know is plastic, but the one on the hatch is really oxidized. Figured that one was metal. I'll check it out when she get home in about an hour and post a picture.

Thanks

its plastic. at least the one on our 08 gl550 is. get a new one from the dealer.

Ok. I just called the dealer and they said to bring it in and they would replace it.

Thanks for everyones imput.:2thumbs:

Being a 2008 I bet if you bring it back to the dealer they will put a new one on for you :thumbsup:

A friend with a 911 brought his 2006 back to the dealer last summer after a piece of the S on the trunk came off while washing, they put a new one on at no charge :2thumbs:

I may try that.

Thanks.

Being a 2008 I bet if you bring it back to the dealer they will put a new one on for you :thumbsup:

A friend with a 911 brought his 2006 back to the dealer last summer after a piece of the S on the trunk came off while washing, they put a new one on at no charge :2thumbs:

Not sure I will take a picture of it when my wife gets back. I figured the way it looked with the oxidation, it was metal.

I'm not to keen on removing it like someone suggested. I haven't had luck with things like that in the past. I can just see me driving to Mercedes for a replacement when I snap it in half.

What model and year is it ?

Are you entirely certain that the emblem is actually metal? Most cars use a plastic badge with a chrome paint... I've never paid close enough attention to the Merc badges to know of sure. In any event I'd be interested to know what you find out.

Not sure I will take a picture of it when my wife gets back. I figured the way it looked with the oxidation, it was metal.

I'm not to keen on removing it like someone suggested. I haven't had luck with things like that in the past. I can just see me driving to Mercedes for a replacement when I snap it in half.

I noticed that my wife's rear emblem on her Mercedes is looking like it is rusting (oxidizing). I was wondering if I could use the metal polish on it? The only problem is that it will be almost impossible to get in the angles without getting some on the paint. Does anyone think the polish will harm the paint in any way?

Use blue painters tape to tape off the paint, then polish away. My .02

Archived