Customer Service 866.965.0400

Recommended PC Speed for MSW?

Guest OneReign

Question

19 answers to this question

I have a question I have been pondering since I got my PC. Can you adjust speed with the PC spinning, or should I turn it off, adjust the speed and turn it back on.

You can change the speed while it's running. I normally start things out on a slower speed, spread the product, and then crank up the OPM's. :2thumbs:

3k opm - me too, after spreading it at about 2k. Make sure you get it spread thin. As said above, if you think it might be too sparse, you can put on another thin coat on the areas in question, no prob. Thin is the way to go with MSW. I have heard reports that if it is too thick, it gets hard to remove.

BTW, I had beading after a rainstorm with MSW.

I used 3 small pea sized drops per area I was working on. I see above that I should be using 2-3 dime shaped drops...is that what you guys use? I think I may used way too little.

If I should be using more, can I wax over what's already there in those areas where I used too little?

Thanks!

I think you used the correct amount. You want to apply a thin layer, especially with sealants. 2-3 dime shaped drops per panel sounds like too much product, and you'd probably have a difficult time trying to remove that much product. If you're concerned about coverage, you can always apply another layer of MSW after it's had about a day to cure.

As for the water beading, that's not necessarily an indicator of protection. Water beading is more of an indicator of high surface tension. My car hasn't been caught in the rain with MSW on it, but I think I've seen some people say the water sheeted off with MSW. I think a sheeting action would actually be better as water beading can lead to problems like water spots. Not sure on MSW, but I know of some products that are designed to sheet vs bead.

This is from the 2nd Generation Complete Machine Essentials Kit Directions:

5. The final step is Waxing: after you have polished the car, whether you did minor correcting or more extreme correcting, applying and removing the wax is the same process.

A. Attach the 2nd Generation Black Waxing Pad to the backing plate

B. Doing a fender or hood at a time, apply 2-3 dime shaped squirts

of the Machine Super Wax onto your pad.

C. Before turning on the PC, quickly spread the product on the area

you are working.

D. Turn the speed of the PC to 2.5 and spread the wax evenly.

E. After the wax is evenly applied turn the speed up to about 3 or 4,

and apply the wax laterally and vertically.

F. With waxing, you don’t need to let anything break down, so what

you are looking to do is spread the wax, thin and evenly across

the section you are working.

Hi. I jumped on the forum tonight to ask a question about MSW and I came across the instructions above. I've used SHR and FMP and MSW on about 1/4 of my car so far. (BTW I am a first-timer) Things are coming along nicely, other than a few user error snags along the way. Anyway, for some reason I was thinking I didn't use enough MSW. It rained today and I think my suspicions were confirmed in that the water hardly beaded in the areas I waxed.

I used 3 small pea sized drops per area I was working on. I see above that I should be using 2-3 dime shaped drops...is that what you guys use? I think I may used way too little.

If I should be using more, can I wax over what's already there in those areas where I used too little?

Thanks!

This is from the 2nd Generation Complete Machine Essentials Kit Directions:

5. The final step is Waxing: after you have polished the car, whether you did minor correcting or more extreme correcting, applying and removing the wax is the same process.

A. Attach the 2nd Generation Black Waxing Pad to the backing plate

B. Doing a fender or hood at a time, apply 2-3 dime shaped squirts

of the Machine Super Wax onto your pad.

C. Before turning on the PC, quickly spread the product on the area

you are working.

D. Turn the speed of the PC to 2.5 and spread the wax evenly.

E. After the wax is evenly applied turn the speed up to about 3 or 4,

and apply the wax laterally and vertically.

F. With waxing, you don’t need to let anything break down, so what

you are looking to do is spread the wax, thin and evenly across

the section you are working.

Archived