Customer Service 866.965.0400

foam gun and adams carwash soap

gymrat7953

Question

if I use too much soap in the foam gun will it strip off the Americana ? With that in mind .... I put 2 cap fulls of carwash in the foam gun, is that enough or should I have used more ? after you foam up the car ( did it in the evening on a cool car ) how long do you let it sit before doing the 2 bucket wash job ?

PS: I use 2 capfulls of carwash ... is that enough.

Using the product's cap is an easy way for me to measure things out.

Thanks,

Terry

Keep in mind they make TWO different guns... One's like Adams sold and ones like I have which is more industrial and comes with brass parts. They both work equally well but the brass one is pricier.

I had a lead on them but they sold out as well...

Gilmour just plain isn't making them!

Chris

Foam guns are quickly moving toward making it onto the same list as Big Foot and the Loch Ness Monster.

People claim to have seen them, but they seem to be unfindable by mere mortals.

Anyone have a lead on them?

I've found them on another site that probably competes with Adam's so I won't mention them directly. They have three brands that are all priced the same and appear to be almost identical. Is there a preference over any of these:

A***geek

Pinnacle

Wolfgang

I also saw a Gilmour brand on Amazon but at least one of their models appeared to be all plastic. Also, what's the preference of quart versus 1/2 gallon?

Any advice?

Amazon has them in stock I believe.

Some retailers on Amazon have them in stock, or at least claim to. The last few people I've sent that way placed orders and never got their product so I'm assuming the retailers showing them "IN STOCK" don't really have them.

Also make sure you're looking at the foam master II the first gen unit doesn't have the adjust on the fly metering so you're pretty much set with the one ratio level. Not horrible, but if you're gonna get one, get the right one.

I've found them on another site that probably competes with Adam's so I won't mention them directly. They have three brands that are all priced the same and appear to be almost identical. Is there a preference over any of these:

A***geek

Pinnacle

Wolfgang

I also saw a Gilmour brand on Amazon but at least one of their models appeared to be all plastic. Also, what's the preference of quart versus 1/2 gallon?

Any advice?

Those are all the Gilmour gun, just rebranded. No one is selling anything unique. Pretty much they slap a logo on the canister and say its theirs... we're not hiding anything here... we sold the Gilmour too... thing is we're not taking money for a product we don't have in our warehouse and have no reasonable time table for when we can ship it.

I ordered one from a seller on amazon that said in stock. 5 weeks later and nothing. I cancelled my order last week and found one on another site for the same price plus a couple extras thrown in that I'll never use. -:willy: But the foam gun is enroute to me finally. :drool:

Yep.. thats the problem... one source for them and they just aren't producing... sucks, but it is what it is. I could always auction off my personal Foam gun to the highest bidder.... :D

I ordered the original Foamaster (brass, not plastic) from that "geeky auto place on the net" this morning. It shipped today and I should have it on Thursday. Apparently if you aren't set on the Foamaster II, you can get it.

The reason you'd want the II over the I is metering... if the I doesn't have the adjustable metering so you're stuck at whatever ratio. Does the job I guess, but if you have any intention of switching ratios or using it for other chemicals its gonna fall short.

I've never had a foam gun and now I'm a bit confused. The Foamaster I appears to have a shampoo to water ratio adjustment too. What do you mean by "stuck at whatever ratio"? Is it that you can't adjust it without stopping the flow of foam first? I expect that I will only ever use this for car washing shampoo so no worries on the "other chemicals".

Either way. I'm just happy to have a foam gun on the way! :)

The 2nd gen unit has a dial on the top of the unit that allows you to set the ratio by simply turning the wheel. You can swap ratios on the fly, use one ratio for pre soak, another for wash, and so on.

chart-dial.jpg

There are multiple versions of both guns, make sure you got one that ACTUALLY has the metering feature. In my experience the first gen units that do have the meter don't mix terribly well, but thats just my personal opinion. The II mixes flawlessly for me.

FoamMaster II:

Exceptional chemical resistance to acidic or caustic cleaners

Accurately mixes and sprays foaming chemicals

Foam generating wand creates a thick, clinging foam

Fan spray deflector included for disinfectants, etc.

Durable polymer mixing head with stainless steel screws

Quick-set dial selects mixing ratio or mixing off setting

Anti-siphon built into handle

Detach handle for a powerful spray rinse

Easy to fill wide mouth, chemical resistant polyethylene quart or half gallon bottle

FoamMaster I:

Accurately mixes and sprays foaming chemicals

Foam generating wand creates a thick, clinging foam

Detach handle for a powerful spray rinse

For cleaning, degreasing or disinfecting when a foam is desired to increase surface contact time

Easy to fill wide mouth, chemical resistant polyethylene quart or half gallon bottle

In any event, like you said, you have a gun coming so thats good. Give it a shot and let us know how it works out. I'm looking at another companies domestically made foam gun for a possible replacement in our line.

In any event, like you said, you have a gun coming so thats good. Give it a shot and let us know how it works out. I'm looking at another companies domestically made foam gun for a possible replacement in our line.

Will do, but honestly if the thing makes foam, I'm going to be happy. I have nothing to compare it against!

Thanks for the information.

Will do, but honestly if the thing makes foam, I'm going to be happy. I have nothing to compare it against!

Thanks for the information.

I got this one and it puts plenty of foam on a Camaro, but you can adjust it with the brass adjuster.

The gun was brand new and it isn't the exact model as Adam sells, it is the one with the brass bar and various hole sizes. I always use it on the max. :)

I would say it uses about the same amount of soap between fully concentrated and diluted, but diluted makes more foam.

Archived