Customer Service 866.965.0400

foam gun and adams carwash soap

gymrat7953

Question

if I use too much soap in the foam gun will it strip off the Americana ? With that in mind .... I put 2 cap fulls of carwash in the foam gun, is that enough or should I have used more ? after you foam up the car ( did it in the evening on a cool car ) how long do you let it sit before doing the 2 bucket wash job ?

PS: I use 2 capfulls of carwash ... is that enough.

Using the product's cap is an easy way for me to measure things out.

Thanks,

Terry

if I use too much soap in the foam gun will it strip off the Americana ? With that in mind .... I put 2 cap fulls of carwash in the foam gun, is that enough or should I have used more ? after you foam up the car ( did it in the evening on a cool car ) how long do you let it sit before doing the 2 bucket wash job ?

PS: I use 2 cap fulls of carwash ... is that enough.

Using the product's cap is an easy way for me to measure things out.

Thanks,

Terry

Hey Terry,

Are you using Adam's Car Wash Shampoo?

With the two caps are you getting good foam?

As soon as you are done foaming, you can start your 2 bucket wash.:cheers:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="54%">

</TD><TD width="46%"> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=redheading1 align=middle colSpan=2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks guys.

Chris - its Adams carwash . I'm not getting the foam action like Scott. ( Tough lookin Z06). I'll bump up the soap on next weeks wash.

My wife says she will give me her extra 1oz. measuring spoon which may be a more accurate way of doing it.

Our carwash is perfectly pH balanced so it will never strip your wax off.

I personally use the soap at full strength... fill the canister and go with level E on the dial. Burns thru soap quick, but its just about the safest most effective way to use a foam gun.

I'm going to try that... It doesnt have a problem with the consistency of the shampoo? I tried using about 10oz of pure shampoo and it didn't foam worth a crap, but I also had the thing cranked to Full.

I'm going to try that... It doesnt have a problem with the consistency of the shampoo? I tried using about 10oz of pure shampoo and it didn't foam worth a crap, but I also had the thing cranked to Full.

You need sufficient water pressure to push the soap, but otherwise, yea... pure soap is how a gun like this is designed to be used.

_DSC0304.jpg

Dylan, you must have extreme water pressure because I used to use straight soap but it barely pulled the soap through. A canister full of soap would last 4-5 washings. Granted it still made a lot of foam, but not as much as when I started diluting it. I put about 1" of soap then fill with water and it works fantastic.

Dylan, you must have extreme water pressure because I used to use straight soap but it barely pulled the soap through. A canister full of soap would last 4-5 washings. Granted it still made a lot of foam, but not as much as when I started diluting it. I put about 1" of soap then fill with water and it works fantastic.

Not really, in all honesty its pretty weak compared to a normal hookup b/c its a shared source for 6 attached condo units in each building. My pressure is way lower than the pressure at my inlaws, or my new place which are both free standing homes. I'l shoot a video for you guys next time I wash to demonstrate.

If you're having a hard time getting foam from pure soap you may want to take the gun apart and make sure your screenfilter at the intake end of the gun (inside the canister) isn't blocked or plugged up. You also need to make sure you're running the gun wide open (Setting 'E' on the dial)

I started using my foam gun by putting about an inch of car wash soap in the reservoir and using it full strength. After reading some of these posts I figured I misread the instructions so I added a little more soap, then filled it with water. It still works, but I like full strength soap better, way better foam. Funny trying to tell people they need a foam gun until they have seen the videos.

Bruce

TECHNICALLY SPEAKING...

The quart size foam gun is designed to work with 2 ounces of soap. Add 2 ounces and your foam will be perfect for each setting on the dial.

Technically shmecknically! You'll never need another gallon of shampoo at that rate!

Our carwash is perfectly pH balanced so it will never strip your wax off.

I personally use the soap at full strength... fill the canister and go with level E on the dial. Burns thru soap quick, but its just about the safest most effective way to use a foam gun.

How much soap (ounces) do you typical use in a wash (foam gun, bucket)?

How much soap (ounces) do you typical use in a wash (foam gun, bucket)?

really depends... If its a heavy decontamination I can easily burn thru about 6-7oz because I'll be doing 1 foam & dwell, rinse, the bump the meter down and do a second foam and clean with the mitt + a bucket for rinsing.

I do none in the wash water personally. I just do a clean rinse bucket and use the foam gun for soap.

And how much do you put in the gun?

Reason I asked is I have washed my truck 2 times and have went through 16oz of soap, seemed like alot

And how much do you put in the gun?

Reason I asked is I have washed my truck 2 times and have went through 16oz of soap, seemed like alot

John, I have a gallon of the shampoo, I use a gallon pump 2 pumps in the container (quart) and fill to the top with water. Its about 2-3oz. I turn the foam up to full blast, and it usually eats up the whole container to foam down the car.

You prime the wash pad with the foam gun to make sure it's well lubed though right Dylan?

Oh and IMO the filling of the foamer is not a science. Play around... More soap equates to thicker foam...

You prime the wash pad with the foam gun to make sure it's well lubed though right Dylan?

Oh and IMO the filling of the foamer is not a science. Play around... More soap equates to thicker foam...

Of course.

And you're right... play with it guys, but realize that you want a foam that will STICK to the paint. I can do a weak mix in the canister and blast the car, but if the foam just runs off before I can get to it the benefit of the foam is gone. The ratio I use it at the sudz stick and run s l o w l y down the panel giving me ample time to walk around and scrub each panel.

If your ratio ends up netting you soap that runs down the paint and hits the ground before you grab your mit the benefit of a foam gun is completely wasted.

John, I have a gallon of the shampoo, I use a gallon pump 2 pumps in the container (quart) and fill to the top with water. Its about 2-3oz. I turn the foam up to full blast, and it usually eats up the whole container to foam down the car.

Thanks Ryan,

I will try that. I used the 4 oz bottle the first time and it worked ok then I put 4 oz in the wash bucket, seemed like I wasted alot. I guess because I was washing just 1 vehicle and the bucket had plaenty when i was done. I guess I'll play with it.

Mine does run off, but I guess the MSW is working well, :2thumbs:

and on the Camaro there is not alot of flat surface.

I know one thing the Junkman water drying trick worked really well for me.

Archived