Customer Service 866.965.0400

G8 seats?

whiterp199

Question

Do they ever stop soaking up leather conditioner? I keep putting it on and in two days they look all dried out again. Am I fighting a lost cause or did they just dry out that much while it sat on the dealer lot. They were born over a year before I got any of Adams conditioner on them. They seem to be much softer now, but they still look dry in a couple days. I have put a whole bottle into them since December.

Edited by whiterp199

• Answers 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well that settles it, I need to get some REAL leather conditioner--all of your interiors look fantastic! Mine is a 1-1/2 year old with only 7500 miles so I thought it was clean and spiffy till I saw these, now I'm embarassed. Time for Adam's order #2 in as many weeks...:)

You will love the leather conditioner. I am surprised I have never seen your car around. I am up in etown for half the year.

Ray,

We Stryker Blue folk need to stick together! Honestly I don't drive the car as much as a normal person--my daily commute is a 1/2 mile walk so it usually sits in the garage. I was the only SBM at Carlisle though, and our club members with GTO's definitely outnumber the G8 guys! You could be one more...

If you'll be around this Saturday (9/18), you should motor out to Neffsville for the car show @ Manheim Twp Community Park (just off 501 in Neffsville). I'll be there with the SVGTO club guys & gals; it would be great to meet you!

On another note, I have the shipping information from those tremendous Adam's folks--my leather conditoner should be here in time to give my interior a much-needed drink:lolsmack:

Ray,

We Stryker Blue folk need to stick together! Honestly I don't drive the car as much as a normal person--my daily commute is a 1/2 mile walk so it usually sits in the garage. I was the only SBM at Carlisle though, and our club members with GTO's definitely outnumber the G8 guys! You could be one more...

If you'll be around this Saturday (9/18), you should motor out to Neffsville for the car show @ Manheim Twp Community Park (just off 501 in Neffsville). I'll be there with the SVGTO club guys & gals; it would be great to meet you!

On another note, I have the shipping information from those tremendous Adam's folks--my leather conditoner should be here in time to give my interior a much-needed drink:lolsmack:

I will try to get down there. What time does it start? My car will be somewhat clean but it will not be perfect it is hard to keep it spotless here at school.

Edited by whiterp199

Ray, I'll PM you some more info so as not to run too far off this thread. Don't want to be banned...

Got the PM. Don't worry about thread jacking around here we all do it. Plus I started this thread anyway. I could just change the first post and then everyone else would be off topic. :lolsmack:

Okay I received my shipment of 1 leather cleaner and 2 of the conditioner. I started out this morning and have most of the interior of my G8 done. I love the way my seats look! I applied two applications and I think that is going to do it. I still have a bit to do such as the pillars and the center stack. I also ordered Adam’s Detail Spray but one of the spray nozzles was damaged in the shipping process. So used the only good one to spray the leather cleaner. I spoke with a rep and she is going to ship another nozzle. So it will be a few days before I have a chance to try that the detail spray. I just wish that I had treated the seats sooner they look great!

thanks Adam's

Gonna revive an old thread for my question...

Are our G8 seats all leather or are just the inserts leather and the balance of the seats covers in vinyl? I hadn't thought about this until recently after reading reviews of others cars that have leather inserts, etc. So...are we all leather?

Thanks,

Mike

Gonna revive an old thread for my question...

Are our G8 seats all leather or are just the inserts leather and the balance of the seats covers in vinyl? I hadn't thought about this until recently after reading reviews of others cars that have leather inserts, etc. So...are we all leather?

Thanks,

Mike

Like most cars, they're vinyl except where you come in contact with them and that's leather.

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.