Customer Service 866.965.0400

New from Iowa

Zach5.9CTD

Hey everyone, im Zach from Mason City, Iowa and ive been a Meguiars (consumer, mirror glaze/pro and detailer) user for many years. Ive used nearly everything they have, and they all work AWESOME, however, im looking to change things up a bit, so im here to basically find the differences and/or similarities between Adams and Meguiars. Im looking for comparisons in almost everything, compounds, dressings, washes, pads, microfiber accessories, etc etc. Be prepared for a lot of questions between both companies in the various sub forums.

Either way, im glad to be here and at least learn about new products from different companies if i decide to not change my current arsenal.

that sure would be nice but i gotta tell ya, Meguiars customer support is second to none as well, im mire or less right now, just looking for comparisons in products and how they work compared to my mirror glaze meguiars products.

that sure would be nice but i gotta tell ya, Meguiars customer support is second to none as well, im mire or less right now, just looking for comparisons in products and how they work compared to my mirror glaze meguiars products.

Welcome Zach. Meguiars does make quality products as well, but the only way for you to compare products is to actually purchase like products and try them against each other and then decide which one you like better. You can read all kinds of good things and bad things about any product, but that's not going to give you any kind of actual results. You have to compare them side by side in actual use.

Check out the Adam's store, decide which products you think would compete against your current products and place an order. Then let us know how they stack up. We think you'll be switching.

:welcomebanner:

yeah, thats why i wished adams made a small bottled sampler kit with EVERYTHING so i could try it on my own and decide. I dont want to spend 100s of dollars on products that may or may not end up liking.

yeah, thats why i wished adams made a small bottled sampler kit with EVERYTHING so i could try it on my own and decide. I dont want to spend 100s of dollars on products that may or may not end up liking.

Well, that's probably the only way you're going to get to test your theory. We all did it that way. And now we're all Adam's converts. :2thumbs:

What are you looking to compare? Detail spray? Wax? Glaze? Machine Polish? Glass sealant?

Are you doing cars by machine or by hand? We can reccommend all of Adam's products, but it would be pointless to tell you to buy something and it not be equal to what you're using.

ummm, i do all my work via Meguiars G-110 DA polisher and id like to compare compounds, waxes/glazes/polishes, as well as some of the stuff meguiars doesnt offer, undercarriage, glass sealant, VRT, etc etc,

ummm, i do all my work via Meguiars G-110 DA polisher and id like to compare compounds, waxes/glazes/polishes, as well as some of the stuff meguiars doesnt offer, undercarriage, glass sealant, VRT, etc etc,

Adam's does sell this sampler kit. http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-355-adams-polishes-sampler-pack.aspx

Okay, so you use the machine. Start off with Adam's clay bar and detail spray. Then get yourself a bottle of the Swirl and Haze Remover, the Fine Machine Polish and the Machine Super Wax.

That should give you a good start. :thumbsup:

ok, can i still us e my meguiars pads for the adams stuff?

Yes you can.

The comparison of Meguiar's products to Adam's can be done to a degree. Adam's for example has 1 swirl and haze remover. Meguiar's has Heavy, Medium, and Fine Cut Cleaner, along with #9 and now, M105. Thus, if you wanted to compare Adam's Swirl & Haze Remover to Meguiar's, you would have to be very specific as to which Meguiar's product you are wanting to compare it to. I have only mentioned the Meguiar's Mirror Glaze line. There is also the Meguiar's consumer grade line. All of the choices that you can make within the Meguiar's product line is what a lot of users find confusing. It is also the cause of a many user switching to a more simpler product choice.

I'm surprised that you say you are a "consumer, mirror glaze/pro and detailer" as I don't know anyone who uses both their consumer AND professional line of products. If you are skilled and smart enough to use their professional line, then you wouldn't be buying their consumer line. Not only is there no reason to do so, the quality and performance of the two differ. I've had this discussion over at the Meguiar's forum and those involved pretty much agreed with me. As someone who sees a lot of different paint damage, I normally choose the product and product line that best addresses the damage at hand. I have found that a lot of "detailers" get way too aggressive in their product choice when something as simple as the Adam's line of product would easily address the damage and leave a lot more clear coat on the car.

You can take a look at my little area on this forum (The Junkman's Corner) and see for yourself what the Adam's line of products can do. I live about 4 miles from a Meguiar's Mirror Glaze distributor so I am more than familiar with their products (I get my sandpaper there). I also have videos on You Tube which show the capability of some of the Meguiar's products so I am real familiar with them. I've even had Meguiar's contact me about doing videos for them, although I am a dedicated Adam's user. If you want to compare products, I can steer you in the right direction but understand, Adam's does not make a product to counter every product that Meguiar's makes.

Lastly, you speak of Meguiar's customer service. Do you know who Barry Meguiar is? Can you pick up the phone and call him anytime and discuss a problem you may have with your Meguiar's products? Does Meguiar's offer a 110%, money back guarantee on any of their products? I can answer all those questions with a resounding no. However, you CAN pick up the phone and call Adam Pitale, the CEO and founder of Adam's Polishes and discuss any issues you may have with his product line. You say you would like to try a sampler pack (to which someone provided a link to), but with the money back guarantee, you should obviously see that there is no risk involved by buying any products from the product line. If you truly are a professional detailer, you would know that no one else in the industry offers this no risk opportunity to try their product line.

So ask away. What products do you want to compare? I have a lot of Meguiar's products in my garage because I use to use them and they've sent me plenty for free.

Well I am in IA (Quad Cities) and I would offer my products up for you (or anyone) to try at any time.

It's a bit of a drive to test them, but IMO well worth the drive. lol

Enjoy!

Chris

wow, ok, that was a lot of reading haha, and when i say all 3 lines, i started with the consumer/OTC line, then as i got more into it i began picking up the mirror glaze and detailer line of procudts, thats why i said i have and use all 3 lines, i use diff product lines as well, depends on paint condition and severt of defects. For instance, if i have a defect that M205 wont remove, ill step to swrlx, if no luck then ultimate compound, if no then M105. Thats another reason i say i use all 3 lines, why remove more panit then needed with an over aggressive product.

Anyway, enough blabbing, Chris, id like to meet up sometime this summer and possibly try some of adams products.

man, i wish there was a small sampler pack i could buy of everything, to just use a couple times and see how i like it.

Hey Zach, I might make this suggestion to you...

Purchase the products you want to try, we offer a 110% money back guarantee on everything we sell so if you don't like it not only will you get a refund but an additional 10% on top of what you paid for it, so not having a sample pack is no excuse!! :thumbsup:

Not sure how long you've been at it, but I'm going on 14 years now of detailing everything from daily driven beaters for friends and family, up to prepping cars and trucks for magazine cover shoots, auctions, and concour events. Adam has been a long time friend and I just recently came on board b/c I knew what a class act operation he had from top to bottom and I truly believe in the line.

I've used a lot of stuff over the years, megs, optimum, klasse, Menzerna, DER, pinnacle, etc.... but I have yet to come across a line that offers the balance that Adams does in their entire line of products. Performance, ease of use, and bang for the buck it just does everything well.

Megs makes good stuff, don't get me wrong... they've been at it for a long time, but my hard earned dough (and now my long hours) go into supporting Adam's as its a line I believe does the best and is backed with unmatched customer support.

Just ask how many guys around here have gotten midnight email responses from us... we may be a small company, but we're nuts about service!!

Archived