Customer Service 866.965.0400

Video of glass sealant in action

IMADreamer

Question

Someone asked a while ago if I could get a video of the glass sealant in action and I finally got around to it. Please excuse the commentary by yours truly, it certainly detracts from the video. lol BTW this is nearly six weeks after the sealant was applied.

Hope I did this right as I've never uploaded a video before.

<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8AVpCwOFhY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

Mine should be here tomorrow!! Since I have Rain-X on my windows now, I'm assuming I should wash, clay, wash then apply Adams sealant, correct?

Yeppers!:thumbsup:

I clay using my Adams window cleaner like Adam showed.

Chris

We run a large farm and just finished up with wheat harvest. Every year on the combines one of my biggest problems is the dust from the fields on the windshields of the cab make it very hard to see. Well I figured it would be good to try the glass sealant on them. It was amazing! It stayed clean enough that all they needed was a quick wipe down with dry paper towel in the morning and crytal clear again. My dad fell in love and is ordering it for all the tractors and semis.

:rockon:

Thanks for the video! I am going to be applying some glass sealant on our race car prior to the next Targa rally. The rallies can get pretty nasty weather!

Anyone know if this would work on dirtbike goggles or a racing helmet visor?

Thanks for the video! I am going to be applying some glass sealant on our race car prior to the next Targa rally. The rallies can get pretty nasty weather!

Anyone know if this would work on dirtbike goggles or a racing helmet visor?

It does work on a visor for sure, I've tried it.

We run a large farm and just finished up with wheat harvest. Every year on the combines one of my biggest problems is the dust from the fields on the windshields of the cab make it very hard to see. Well I figured it would be good to try the glass sealant on them. It was amazing! It stayed clean enough that all they needed was a quick wipe down with dry paper towel in the morning and crytal clear again. My dad fell in love and is ordering it for all the tractors and semis.

:rockon:

Hey just saw your post. I thought I was the only farmboy on here. Glad to see there is another. I agree it works awesome on tractors, we used it this spring field cultivating and it was so easy to clean the dust off. I'm sure it will really shine this fall during harvest.

We didn't have any wheat this year for the first time ever because last fall was so wet, maybe next year.

Hope you had a productive harvest!

I just ordered some during the 4th sale. Anyone have any idea how long this stuff lasts?

You'll be surprised at how well it holds up. It's been pretty wet here and I only applied my second application a couple weeks ago.

I just ordered some during the 4th sale. Anyone have any idea how long this stuff lasts?

200 miles of rainy driving or a few months of normal weather. It's UBER easy to apply so no worries there.

Chris

great video Chewy, agree with what you said at the beginning, the camera does not do this justice at all. In person the effectiveness of GS is very impressive.

BTW, we are in a drought here, it hasn't rained for almost 36 hours. lol

I used the Glass sealant on my shower doors! Well, one door and my wife ran to me asking what i did to it. That stuff is great! Use in a ventilated area for safety but use it nonetheless!!!!

Once the sealant is applied to the out side of the glass, can you use the Adams window cleaner to keep it clean? or will the window cleaner and a glass towel remove the window sealer?

Or is the clay bar the only thing that will remove the window sealer?

thanks,

You're fine with glass cleaner. The sealant doesn't last forever so you'll have to reapply after a bit. GWC or APC will remove it I'm sure, but you'd be surprised how strong it is.

Chris

What Chris said, but make sure it's the Adam's glass cleaner you use.

I did up my neighbour's Civic and he cleaned it a few days later with the most common glass cleaner out there. Stripped the sealant right off.

It has since been re-applied and he now has a sample bottle of the good stuff.....LOL

Ah so the sealer will keep the glass cleaner and beading water longer.... So you shouldn't need to use the glass cleaner as much?

When the sealer becomes degraded then clean it off with window cleaner or whaterver, and reapply?

Ah so the sealer will keep the glass cleaner and beading water longer.... So you shouldn't need to use the glass cleaner as much?

When the sealer becomes degraded then clean it off with window cleaner or whaterver, and reapply?

I'd clay it using glass cleaner and reapply.

What Chris said, but make sure it's the Adam's glass cleaner you use.

I did up my neighbour's Civic and he cleaned it a few days later with the most common glass cleaner out there. Stripped the sealant right off.

It has since been re-applied and he now has a sample bottle of the good stuff.....LOL

I'd clay it using glass cleaner and reapply.

Cool, got it. Use the two, sealer and glass cleaner together. The Adam's galss cleaner won't "remove" the sealer. so I can use the glass cleaner for normal cleaning after the sealer is applied. Use clay to remove the sealer completely when it's degraded.

Awesome, got it.

Thanks again.

I just re-clay the window when the sealant wears out and re-apply. It's pretty amazing the amount of crude that builds up on the glass over a couple months.

Cool,

I was kinda wondering what to do when sealant is applied and I get bug guts on the windshield. Can I use the adams glass cleaner to get the bugs off or any dirt, bird mess off the glass without having to remove and reapply the sealer every time I get bug slop on the car...

I live in North FL... We have lots of bugs...

:(

Definitely just use the glass cleaner over the sealant. It will not harm the sealant at all. I do it all the time. I'm only on my second application of the sealant and I made this thread how many months ago? lol It's pretty durable stuff.

.......my wipers are rarely used now.

after a single application of our glass sealant everyone who has used it has noted increased clarity on their front glass... I can attest to that fact. After a fresh application of it you'd swear someone had stolen your windshield as your driving, even directly towards a setting sun.

I agree with what Jason and Dylan has already said. Currently I drive 20 minutes to work. The other morning I let the wipers swipe four times and before using the sealant I would have had to leave them on the whole time.

Archived