Customer Service 866.965.0400

My first wash w/ Adams...Question about Americana

bankO_MaN

Question

Lets first start off by saying the quality of the products so far I'm very happy with. Today I used: VRT, Glass Cleaner :2thumbs:, Detail Spray (A whole bottle), Americana, Glass Cleaner Towel :2thumbs:, and the double white microfibers (SUPER SOFT):2thumbs:. I didn't try Adams Wash Soap as I use the Tornador as my foamer and use DP Xtreme whish is supposed to be specially made for a foamer...but if Adam would like to send me a free sample to see how it works I'd be incline to try it and maybe switch over? :D

Today I only had an hour so to clean the caddy I didn't get to clay or use the pc w/ SHR, FMP, or SMW. I really wanted to break that stuff out but the wife has me on a schedule today :mad:.

I did apply the Americana (only to the hood to test it out) as I want to wait until I can clay the entire car and use thw SMW first.

My question w/ the Americana is: my can didn't feel very paste like it was rather hard. Is it supposed to be like that? I had to push down pretty hard to get a little of the paste wax on the applicator pad. Maybe everybodys is like this or is it just mine?

I know everybody likes pics so ill take a couple. This is one of my daily drivers so it's by no means perfect.

IMG00054-20100501-1636.jpg

IMG00056-20100501-1637.jpg

IMG00055-20100501-1637.jpg

17 answers to this question

Oh okay, it was pretty hard and peices were breaking off inside the tub. When I was able to finally get some of the wax on the applicator pad it did go on easy and come off pretty easy.

Just twist the applicator pad is all thats needed. love the Cad.:rockon:

al

Ha! I have the exact same shelving unit, used for the exact same purpose!

For a minute there, I was wondering how someone got in and got a picture of it. LOL

Oh, if you are looking for a sturdy, quick to put together shelving unit, these are perfect. Took about 2 minutes to assemble, no tools required, unless you use the optional brackets to attach it to a wall.

Americana - a little dab'l do ya.

Just turn the applicator around on it a bit (I sometimes hold the tub near the bottom and squeeze the sides so it won't move). You really don't need to press hard to get some on the applicator.

Just twist the applicator pad is all thats needed. love the Cad.:rockon:

al

:iagree:

Spin the applicator back on fourth across the top of the wax with light pressure to pick up wax onto the applicator.

Yea thats normal, the Carnauba makes it hard.:thumbsup:<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=middle width="41%">

423.jpg</TD><TD width="59%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="54%"> </TD><TD width="46%"> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=redheading1 align=middle colSpan=2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I dont think it should really "seem" like you are getting any on the pad but when you begin to upt the product on the car you will see it. This is not liquid wax and a LITTLE goes a LONG way!

Awesome stash of product! Nice job for a newbie.

To answer your question... Yes. Most are hard and sometimes even move around in the tub. Not to worry.

Oh okay, it was pretty hard and peices were breaking off inside the tub. When I was able to finally get some of the wax on the applicator pad it did go on easy and come off pretty easy.

Archived